Chapter 1: The end

(Second person POV)

Wαƙҽ... υρ...!

Eyes snapping open, you found yourself staring up at a dim sky, the stars blinking down at you feebly as they tried to light the way in place of the missing sun. A shiver crawling up your spine, you swiftly sat up before almost immediately regretting it as whiplash set in. 

"...Where... am... I...?" you croaked, finding your lips inexplicably dry even as you flicked your tongue in an attempt to moisten the muscle, only to fail in vain. Hearing nothing but the empty howl of the wind in response, you furrowed your brow slightly, understanding that you were alone.

Pushing off from the silky ground, you stumbled to your feet, almost tripping over before you found support against the thick trunk of a sturdy tree. 

...Trees? Silky ground? ...The 'silky ground' I felt before must be grass since there's no way dirt would feel like that... right? Well, assuming that this is grass, then there must be a water source somewhere close to this place. I should try and find it to freshen up a bit, or at least get a glimpse of what I look like since I can't seem to recall my appearance for... whatever reason... you decided before reaching up and snapping a branch off the tree you were leaning on.

Using the sapling's limb as a makeshift walking stick, you walked without your shoes on to take note of the change in terrain under your feet. Eventually, your ears caught onto the soft whispering of trickling water and you almost immediately began heading in that direction. Within minutes, the trickling became rushing, which then became a deep roaring that could have belonged to that of dragons.

Finding a small pool that was separated from the pond, you walked over before crouching down. Nearing the water's edge, you examined the moon-dipped liquid's surface before deeming it clean. Sinking your hands into the icy-cold water, you scrubbed your hands, hoping to get any possible bits of grime and dust off before you did anything else. Deciding that you might as well wash your arms while you were at it, you rolled up your sleeve and cupped a hand before pouring the water onto your body, shivering due to the sudden change in temperature.

After thoroughly cleaning your upper limbs, you headed to the pond and immersed your hands in the water and gently brought it to your lips before taking a small sip. Feeling your body grow all the more alive with each bit of water you swallowed, you continued drinking, your cells screaming in delight as they began healing and repairing your battered body.

Letting out a soft sigh of satisfaction now that you were no longer water-hungry, you were about to strip off whatever clothes you could be wearing when two  no, three things hit you. 

First, you have no idea what could be lurking in the darkness, so you probably shouldn't start taking off your clothes in the open, even if you think you're alone. Second, now that you're no longer thirsty, your body's starving, as indicated by the growls coming from your stomach. Lastly, you have an odd satchel strapped to your waist, something you didn't realise you had in your search for water. 

Perhaps there's something in here that'll quell my hunger... you thought, lifting the flap before digging through the bag, hoping to discover something useful.

Letting out a sigh once you realised there wasn't any food, you turned the sack upside down and dumped out its contents. There, you found a thick... thing with possibly hundreds upon hundreds of white rectangular sheets held together by black metal spirals. There were also five long cylinders that each ended in a pointy triangle and left graphite-grey marks behind. Alongside them were a handful of small shiny triangular weapons that slit open your skin when you ran a thumb along its edge.