Chapter 34: Guess who made these?

(Second person POV)

(Time skip - 1 hour)

Walking into the kitchen with a surprisingly eager Cole, you put on a white apron to prevent any stains from getting on the clothes your teacher had gifted to you, seeing the male do the same out of the corner of your eye.

"So, uh," he coughs, dispelling the silence that loomed over the two of you, "I just realised I know almost nothing about you. You were just some mysterious figure who we happened to just randomly run into before... But now... you're part of our team and one of us, and you seem to be pretty close with Jay and Zane."

Pausing for a moment, the teen in black suddenly cleared his throat, his face turning a strawberry-pink as he glanced away from you, his onyx-black fringe covering his eyes as he stared down at the floor that had suddenly become oh-so-interesting. "S-so, uh, what I'm tryna say is..." he murmured, seemingly addressing the ground under his feet rather than you, "I hope that you'll come to be so close with me too... A-and Kai!" the male added on, his speech becoming rather fast, "And Kai too, not just me, of course, t-that'd be really intimate and that's n-not what I'm trying to you get to know you for..."

"Ah, yes, I understand," you chime in, saving Cole from further embarrassment, "I also hope that I will be able to become acquainted with everyone."

Almost hesitantly, the male responded "Y-yeah, right... everyone..." After a moment of silence as you didn't know what to say (and Koun was too busy laughing to help), he cleared his throat and put on an unaffected facade, asking you "Then how about we each ask each other a question and let the other answer before swapping while we cook? That'd make things more interesting and get us to know each other better!"

Nodding, you gesture for him to go first, to which the earth elemental inquires "Do you like cake?"

Thinking on the question for a moment as you paused in the middle of cutting a carrot, you answered "I haven't eaten any before."

Giving you a look of surprise and shock Cole seemed to forget his sadness, exclaiming "Really?! You have to try some! How 'bout we make some for dessert? I'm sure the others wouldn't mind."

Humming in agreement, you ask him "What's your favourite colour?"

Glancing nervously at the door, the male takes a few steps toward you before softly murmuring "S-so don't tell the others, but my favourite colour is orange."

Raising an eyebrow, you thought it was slightly odd that he had such a request, but it wasn't in your place to question him. "Understood," you reply, reaching out and almost hesitantly intertwining pinkies, "This will be our secret."

Looking away from you with his other hand covering his face, Cole stammered "S-so, uh, w-what's your favourite colour?"

"I like (f/c)," you answer, "But I don't seem to have a specific preference for any other colour."

"I remember you saying that you like blue," the male recalls, his lips pursing slightly, "D-do you also like black? O-or orange?" Giving him a quizzing glance, your eyes met, leading him to add on "I-I just wanna know 'cause I wanna see if we've got anything in common, that's all! I-it doesn't matter all that much to me anyway! I-it's not like the colours of our gi represents us or anything-"

Shutting himself up, the teen seemed regretful of what he had just said, internally cursing himself for going on a mini rant and revealing too much.

"I don't mind other colours," you answer, glancing over at the pot that was stewing on the stove, "But if you wish to know which one you four I prefer the most... If I'm being honest, at this point it's Zane. He's very nice and we seem to share a lot in common."