Chapter 8: Protector of the Void Vanquisher

(Second-person POV)

Making your way outside, you made sure to press your body in the shadows, not wanting to catch anybody's attention as you used your sound element. Hoping to hear some of these intruders' plans, you listened in very intensely, paying attention to the sound of their not-so-subtle footsteps echoing through the forest.

"I spy... something green!" a voice announced, sounding a few octaves deeper than your own.

"Ugh," a different voice groaned, "Why did you have to get your voice back... It's irritating as all hell, Jay."

"Well nobody wants to hear your voice either, Cole!" this 'J' figure huffed as a different voice cut in.

"Be quiet, both of you! You don't know what could be in these forests." This time, the person speaking sounds... old, but you couldn't quite pinpoint how old exactly.

"Sensei, why did you decide to join in on this journey when you stayed behind on the previous four?" a new voice questioned, his far calmer and monotone than the other three. 

Judging from the number of footsteps that I can hear, five different people are coming this way... They seem to have one old man and four other boys that seem to be far younger in comparison... This isn't too bad since there are only four people I have to be on guard for, but they called the old man 'Sensei', which would make it a problem if he's as strong as or even stronger than Kusho Sensei, especially if I have to fight all five of them head-on... Perhaps it's better if I take one or two out now while they're still far away... you thought as you used your gravity and wind element at the same time as your light powers, allowing you to fly around while invisible.

Continuing to listen in, you found that these intruders sounded rather far away at the moment, but at the speed that they're travelling at, they'll make it to the waterfall soon. Hopefully, the traps I set would get rid of them... you sighed, crouching in the branches of the trees as you observed the people walking around. Suddenly, the old man looked directly at you, sending a shiver up your spine as you know you would have gotten caught if it weren't for the light and shadow elements that cloaked your entire figure, including your clothes and Dart that was still nuzzling against your neck.

"Sensei? Is there a problem?" the teenager in white asked, looking at the old man who was staring directly into your eyes.

"...No..." he replied, finally breaking eye contact much to your relief, "I thought I sensed the presence of a familiar friend but... it seems that it was just a gust of wind."

"Hey, Sensei, how much longer until we're there?!" a spiky-haired male asked, letting out an impatient sigh, completely oblivious to your watchful eyes as you followed them, teleporting between trees.

This guy seems impulsive and hot-headed... I can probably manipulate him the easiest out of all this group of people... you thought as you caught sight of a trap that you set, hoping that it'll take out at least one person.

"Woah, hey guys, look out! There's a tripwire here!" the person in black that you assumed was the one called 'Coal' or something warned, stepping over the trap. To your relief, the male in blue either didn't hear him or didn't listen and managed to entangle himself in the thin threads, causing a giant boulder to start rolling towards them from atop a hill.

That should take care of them, you thought, about to teleport back to your home while the sounds of panicked screaming filled the air behind you as two of the four teenagers began screaming their heads off: namely the one in blue (they called him 'J', you remembered) and the one in red that wasn't mentioned yet. Before you could leave, the male in black called 'Coal' seemingly used the element of earth and blocked the boulder before it could crush any of them.