Chapter 72: Where's courage when you need it?

(Second person POV)

(Time skip - 17 hours)

Fiddling with the bow wrapped around your boxed cake, you sucked in a deep breath, gnawing on the inside of your lip. Swallowing the nervous lump in your throat, you looked from the railing of the Destiny's Bounty to Café Rosé in the distance, unsure of whether you should still proceed with the apology.

"...Maybe... Maybe she doesn't want to see me today?" you murmured to yourself, glancing from Koun who stood to your left to the package in your hands. "Maybe she still hasn't forgiven me and I'm just... in denial... again..."

"Ugh, just go already!" A hand slapped you on the back of the head, making you lurch forward before giving the person who struck you an annoyed glare.

"...Kai," you acknowledge before looking towards the village that looked like miniature model houses from how high up the ship was. "Did you come to torment me?"

"Haha, very funny," the male huffed sarcastically, rolling his eyes before remarking, "Anyway, You should be grateful for me, honestly. I heard you questioning yourself again, so I came to help you snap out of it."

...By hitting me...? you laughed dryly, giving him an unconvinced look, Yeah, right...

"We even adjusted the route to Pythor's lair for your stupid errand, so just be happy and get it over with!"

"Kai's right for once, y'know," Cole chimed in, walking over from the control room, a warm smile on his face. "Not that your relationship with your... friends aren't important, but that it'd be a shame if you wasted the cake 'cause you lost your determination."

"Classic Cole," Jay sighed, shaking his head, "Always thinking about food... What about (y/n), huh? She's the one we should be most concerned about 'cause she's the whole reason why she and Zane made the cake in the first place!"

"...Sorry for the trouble," you mumbled, giving your allies a sheepish look before nervously rubbing the side of your index finger with your thumb.

"Don't worry," the ice ninja beamed, gently placing a hand on your shoulder much to the jealousy of the others, "I didn't mind. It was a lot of fun and the results turned out rather fantastic. If you happen to accidentally drop this cake, we can always bake another one together."

"Hey, don't jinx it!" Nya joked, nudging you on the arm, "Well, I'm pretty sure that won't happen."

"Wait, who's steering?" you inquired worriedly, glancing from the seemingly empty steering helm.

"I've already programmed the route," the girl with ebony hair replied, "The wind's not strong today so it's fine if I just leave it."

Nodding, you swallowed nervously again, racking your brain for some way to stall for more time.

"Are... Are you guys sure I can't come with you to retrieve the Fangblades?" you asked, giving them a wry smile, "I mean, as people say, the more the merrier, right?"

"Nope." The group immediately shot down your idea, their expressions clearly conveying to you that they knew what you were trying to do.

"But I-"

"No buts!" Kai insisted, knocking you on the head with two of his knuckles, making you wince in annoyance.

Heaving a sigh, you looked from your companions in defeat to Koun who seemed to thoroughly agree with them. Or she just enjoyed your suffering, that's also an option... Before you could think more about it, you caught sight of two glowing auras rushing towards you. The one with smokey ribbons of green you instantly recognised as Lloyd's and the other silk-like mist belonged to Dart.