Chapter 57: ...Well, this is awkward...

(Second person POV)

(Time skip - 1 week)

"Though they got the first one, there are three more and we just need one to stop Pythor," Nya remarked as you and the Ninja gathered around the cotton-white hologram of a Fangblade, trying to hypothesize where the rest of the daggers could be found. "They have the map, and we don't," the girl with bob cut continues while the gears turn in your head, trying to recall whether your teacher had said anything regarding the Serpentine in the past, "So the question remains: How are we gonna find them first?"

With a chuckle, Jay beamed from your left, "I still can't get over the fact that you were the mysterious Samurai!" Letting out a sigh, he grinned, "Is anyone else blow away like I am?"

"We're over that," Kai snapped, his angry aura seeming more mad than usual while Dart snuggled against your torso in her human form, eyeing him with curiosity. "Can we move on?"

"Whoop-oop-oop-oo~" the other smirked, seeming overly giddy today as he waved his teammate's comment away, "Someone's a little hot under the collar!"

"It appears his impatience is because he has not found inner peace and unlocked his True Potential like you and I have, Jay," Zane remarked with a small smile that showed he meant no offence while the earth user stood to his left and your right, brow furrowed as he seemingly tried to concentrate.

"Great observation, Mr Roboto," the fire user scoffed, his hands on his hips as he leaned forward, "But Cole and (y/n) haven't found it either!"

"But that would mean I beat you once without needing it," you reply, a sly smirk on your face that mirrored Koun's as you suppressed your annoyance at the male for insulting your teammates in favour of getting him to eat his words, "Oh, sorry, did I say once? I meant twice."

Hearing this, the hothead gnawed on his bottom lip as if trying to think of some kind of snarky retort, but he didn't have any. "Fine!" he huffed, crossing his arms over his chest as he looked away from you, "Maybe you've already unlocked your True Potential... But Cole still hasn't-"

Before he could even finish his sentence, the earth elemental exclaimed, "I got it!", throwing his hands into the air.

"You've unlocked it?!" Kai blurted, eyes wide with surprise that quickly turned to indignation. "Oh, why am I the only one?!"

"No, I've figured out where I recognised the Fangblade from!" the onyx-haired male replied before running out of the headquarters. "I have a picture of it!"

"Oh, hah, is that it?" the spiky-haired teen breathed a sigh of relief as soon as the other ran out of earshot, "Heh, good..."

"I got it," Cole grinned as he walked back into the control room, before placing a thick crocodile-green book on the wooden table with a thump and flipping to the first page. Walking over to his right, you practically leaned over him, trying to get a glimpse of the artefact, not noticing the male next to you freeze up with nervousness that he tried his best to suppress. Despite his efforts, he couldn't stop his ears from turning a light currant-red that was noticed by pretty much everyone but you.

Snatching the binder off the table, Jay purposefully held it close to him, making you stare at him in light annoyance as you had only just got into a comfortable position that gave you a good view of the pages. "Oh! That's it!" the lightning user gasped, pretending not to notice that he was holding it away from your line of sight in an attempt to get you to move away from Cole and closer to him.

"Back where I grew up, there's this pretty big competition where every year, the winner gets the Blade Cup," the earth ninja explained, everyone else seemed to be more focused on the photos than his words while you lingered between the two groups. "My dad's won it multiple times," he remarks, eyes trained on you as if trying to impress you with the comment.