Chapter 67: Melting the ice

(Second person POV)

Teleporting back onto The Destiny's Bounty, you let out a soft sigh before glancing down at Lloyd who still had his arms wrapped around your waist, snuggling into your clothes as if it were the only thing keeping him anchored to reality. 

"Hey, we're on the ground now," you inform, gently nudging the boy with your elbow, causing him to hum a muffled reply, seemingly trying to bury himself deeper into the one-sided embrace. With another exhale, you began stiffly walking to the child's bedroom with him still attached to your hip as Koun gave you a shared look of exasperation.

Clearing your throat, you 'offhandedly' remark, "Hm... I wonder how you'd be able to read your books and eat your candy like this... Too bad. I suppose I can give them to Jay-"

"No!" Lloyd blurted, looking up from his comfortable spot, "You can't do that!"

"And who made that rule?" you inquire rhetorically, making him pout before finally detaching himself from you, giving you a look not dissimilar to that of a kicked puppy. Resisting the urge to roll your eyes, you pinched out at the space in front of you, opening up a rift that led to your pocket dimension. Reaching into the tear of amethyst-purple dotted with swirling lapis-blue and strawberry-pink nebulas, you pulled out the box of comics and one bag of candy before handing it to the kid.

Eyes wide with excitement, he was about to blurt out a cheer when you put your index finger to your lips, effectively silencing him. "Don't let Wu find out," you smile as he nodded rapidly, his head becoming a blond blur in his enthusiasm.

Slipping out of his room, you left Lloyd to his own devices and almost immediately sank back into your thoughts. ...What should I do now...? you asked no one in particular, placing your hands in the pockets of your crop hoodie, I... don't wish to interact with Catherine or search for Sensei as of now... So... what should I do? I feel as if I'm wasting time...

Why don't you go talk to him or something? Koun shrugged, jerking her head at Zane who sat on his bed, intently focused on the book he was reading, At least it'll get your mind off things.

...But he's busy, you murmur, pausing at the door as you considered your options, He probably would want some quiet instead of me standing there and staring at him awkwardly.

Before you had a chance to properly make a decision, the Nindroid looked up from his text, noticing you with what seemed to be a pleasant surprise in his aura. Walking over, he gave you a soft smile before greeting, "Hello again, (y/n). Where did you and Lloyd go?"

"...Ninjago City," you answer as he pulled over two armchairs, inviting you to sit next to him. "Did something happen while we were away?"

"Well..." Scratching his face with an awkward smile on his face, he replied, "Kai ran about The Bounty with only a towel on which..." Clearing his throat, the teen continued, "...Almost blew off... Ah, and he was screaming about how there was orange juice coming out of the shower. This prompted Cole to run over and take a 'fresh' cupful as he was insisting that everything was salty. And Jay almost sparked a fire by electrocuting a lamp, nearly causing it, and the television next to it, to explode.

When Sensei and Mr Garmadon rushed in to intervene, they first took care of Jay by knocking him unconscious while I went to clean out the shower and tap pipes. I found orange juice powder in the shower and large amounts of salt in the sink.

Afterwards, Sensei headed back to his room, only to find that everything was upside down, which made him very confused before he declared that you were the culprit."

Pausing for a moment, he looked you in the eyes, his arctic-blue orbs seeming particularly piercing under the afternoon light. "Is it true, (y/n)?"

Knowing that you had been caught, you nodded before snapping your fingers, making the furniture in Master Wu's room turn the right way up and float down to its original place while your flip phone flew through the corridors and into your hand. Briefly glancing at the screen of the device, you gnawed on the inside of your cheek, finding another twenty messages had been sent your way from...