Chapter 2: The beginning after the end

(Second person POV)

Wearily, you opened an eye and then snapped them shut almost immediately, but not after yelping "Ack-! The light-! I hate the light!"

Aƚ ʅҽαʂƚ... ყσυ'ɾҽ υρ ɳσɯ... a voice that didn't belong to you replied, washing away the sleep that was still left in your eyes faster than getting dunked in ice water ever will.

"What...?" you muttered in confusion, leaping into a defensive position almost immediately as you gripped your sharp metal triangles so tightly that your knuckles turned white from exertion. "W-who's there?!" you called out, eyes darting around wildly as you tried to identify a possible threat.

Sҽɾισυʂʅყ?! 'Wԋσ'ʂ ƚԋҽɾҽ'? Wԋყ ԃσ ρҽσρʅҽ αʅɯαყʂ αʂƙ ƚԋαƚ ϙυҽʂƚισɳ?! Lιƙҽ, ԃυԃҽ, ιϝ I ɯҽɾҽ ʂαყ, α ʂҽɾιαʅ ƙιʅʅҽɾ, σɾ α ɱαʂʂ ɱυɾԃҽɾҽɾ, ɯԋყ ɯσυʅԃ ყσυ Ⴆҽ αʂƙιɳɠ ɱҽ ƚԋιʂ?! Dσ ყσυ ɾҽαʅʅყ ҽxρҽƈƚ ɱҽ ƚσ ʂαყ ʂσɱҽƚԋιɳɠ Ⴆαƈƙ? Lιƙҽ, "Yҽαԋ, ɳσ, ιƚ'ʂ ʝυʂƚ ɱҽ, ყσυɾ ϝɾιҽɳԃʅყ, ɳҽιɠԋႦσυɾԋσσԃ ρʂყƈԋσραƚԋ! I'ɱ ԋҽɾҽ ƚσ ɱυɾԃҽɾ ყσυ, Ⴆυƚ Ⴆҽϝσɾҽ ƚԋαƚ, I'ɱɱα ƚҽʅʅ ყσυ ɱყ ҽɳƚιɾҽ ʅιϝҽ ʂƚσɾყ αɳԃ ҽʋιʅ ρʅαɳ ϝσɾ ʂσ ʅσɳɠ ƚԋαƚ ყσυ ҽʂƈαρҽ αɳԃ ʝσιɳ ϝσɾƈҽʂ ɯιƚԋ ƚԋҽ 'ɠσσԃ ɠυყʂ' αɳԃ ʂƚσρ ɱҽ!"

Looking off at where the voice echoed from, you relaxed a little, mostly out of confusion as you tried to comprehend what the mysterious person was going on about. 

"...So... you're a serial killer or mass murderer, or friendly neighbourhood psychopath...?" you question, letting your guard fall little by little.

Wha- No?! Didn't you just hear me?! Of course not! the voice groaned, their words leaving you with more questions than when you began. 

At least the person's words are getting clearer... you sighed to yourself, still paying attention to your surroundings as you thought, slowly shuffling towards the voice that was still going on about how "Young people don't listen these days".

Seemingly noticing your movements, the being called out Hey! Where do you think you're going?! causing you to almost jump out of your skin.

"...None of your business," you retort, trying to find the source of the voice so you could destroy it and get a moment of peace.

Oi, eyes up here, shorty, the voice whistled, making your brow furrow in confusion and annoyance as you lifted your head to see-

Had you been drinking something, you would have spat it out immediately at the sight of the giant statue standing tall and proud before you, an almost menacing aura surrounding it. Gazing up in a mix of what appeared to be awe and fear at the figure, you swallowed the lump in your throat, your body snapped into a defensive position. Your eyes felt as if they were almost glued to the carving in the cave's wall, unable to leave it for even a second as, if that were to happen, you would surely become little more than a bloody smear on the same cavern floor.

Re-lax~ I'm not gonna hurt you, chibi ('chibi' or ちび in Japanese means 'small' or 'shorty'), the... statue assured you...? Though that's what it said, you found yourself unable to let your guard down around it.

Oh? Not giving your opponent a chance to find a weakness, huh? You're pretty interesting, shorty! Y'know what, trade offer. You call me 'sensei' ('sensei' or せんせい/先生 in Japanese means 'teacher') and help keep this temple free of intruders and dust, and I'll take you as my student! I'll teach you how to protect yourself and everything else you need to know to survive in this place-