Chapter 15: The snake will always bite back

(Second person POV)

Standing there with your wrist tied to an ice pillar, you watched as Skales and Slithraa began to duke it out in the Slither Pit which you discover was just an arena with a few extra contraptions. Perhaps coming along with Lloyd isn't that bad, you thought as you looked on with mild interest. Not at the battle itself, but rather the fighting ring made of ice as you had never seen anything like it before. I'm learning a lot...

Hearing soft grunting from your left, you turned to see the boy reaching for a rolled-up sheet that was half encased in ice, making you look away from the structure to him. Keeping silent so you didn't catch any unwanted attention, you pretended not to notice the kid slipping the parchment inside his robes before returning to his original position and cheering for the general. Supporting neither side, you watched as Slithraa threw his pickaxe away, making you sigh in disbelief. He tossed away his only offensive weapon and now he could only defend using his small shield while Skales had two swords that he didn't fling at his opponent.

Feeling something cold slip down your arm, you glanced down behind your muffler to see Dart crawling down your limb to the rope that was wrapped around your wrist. Watching her nibble at the cord from under your palm, you curled your fingers in slightly to shield her from view. Suddenly, you heard the reptilian onlookers gasp around you, making you jolt in surprise, worried that they had caught sight of Dart trying to set you free. Instead, you looked up in time to see Skales move his body in a circular motion, making his opponent look on in a stupor.

Out of nowhere, he dashed toward a confused Slithraa and leapt onto his chest, kicking the snake on the bottom of the chin, before backflipping onto the ground again. The attack made the larger serpent fall to the ground, dropping his shield and unable to stop it from rolling away. This course of action earned a surprised gasp from the audience as one Hypnobrai remarked "He used Fang-Kwon-Do!"

Seeing Skales advance towards the fallen general, Lloyd called out in alarm "Get up! Get up!" Hearing his voice, Slithraa attempted to rise from the icy ground, only to collapse again in defeat. Raising the victor's hand, the snake that was acting as the umpire announced "We have a winner!" as the rest of the Hypnobrai tribe cheered in delight.

Taking the staff from the referee, the serpent raised the sceptre as a golden light enveloped his entire body, merging his feet into a long ocean-blue tail. On the other hand, the other snake's back end disappeared into two feet belonging to that of a bipedal human. Chanting Skales' name, the rest of the Serpentine in the cavern seemed to be delighted in having a more competent leader, as anyone would. Pointing the rod at Slithraa, the humanoid commanded "You will be loyal to me now!"

"I will do as you command," the defeated serpent replied as he bowed to his new master, much to Lloyd's horror. You on the other hand didn't seem quite as bothered as he was, finding this whole fight to be unnecessary and a waste of time. Turning to face the two of you, Skales commanded "You, the boy! Leave and never return! And as for the girl... you may ssstay..."

Choosing to leave with the child that seemed to be frightened by the snake's demands, you pulled out your war fans from your pocket dimension and sliced through the rope that was still wrapped around his wrist. Bowing to the serpents, you refuse the offer as the human began running out of the cave, not sparing another glance behind. "Thank you for the proposal, but I must refuse. Now then, I bid you a pleasant time," you smile, the gesture not quite reaching your eyes but you doubt that the snakes were able to tell from where they stood.

(Time skip - 30 minutes)

You had taken note of the change in terrain under your feet; from snow to grass, and eventually sand. Having taken out the sketchbook you had in the satchel you found by your side when you first woke up in the strange land you had come to know as 'Ninjago', you flipped through the pages until you came to the latest empty one. Pulling out a pencil, you began to draw down any interesting scenery you had come across, from the tops of the icy mountains of Jamanakai Village to the vast sand dunes that covered the Sea of Sand.