Chapter 14: The revolution

(Second person POV)

Though the construction was planned out by you, Lloyd insisted on making some changes that you deemed unreasonable such as choosing to have the treehouse suspended in the air by three ropes instead of a proper foundation. Going along with his decision nonetheless, you managed to change up the structure to suit the child's tastes, much to Skales' disapproval. 

In the short span of four hours, the Hypnobrai managed to build the skeleton of the playhouse, the building only needing proper furnishing to be complete. Walking by the cloaked boy's side who was being carried around by his snake servants, you heard him declare "If I see one girl in here, I'm gonna go ballistic!"

"You do realise I am a girl right, Lloyd?" you remark, causing him to stop and think on your words.

"Well... you're my second in command before being a girl, so you're an exception!" the boy argued, seemingly struggling to think up a way to bend the rules for you. Giving him a soft hum in reply, you folded your hands behind your head just as you felt the presence of a familiar aura. Twisting your head around abruptly, you looked around you in alarm, trying to catch sight of the invisible mist that seemed to flutter around a certain ninja in white like shards of ice and snow that was tossed into the air by a stray breeze.

"What wrong?" a concerned and confused Lloyd asked, looking in the same direction you were staring in.

"...It's nothing," you reply, "I probably just saw wrong," But unbeknownst to you, you in fact did not see wrong. You had indeed caught sight of Zane's aura, the male spying in on his opponents' operation and was reporting back to his friends...

(Time skip - 13 hours)

Watching over the child that had awoken mere moments ago, you sighed and observed your mist-wrapped surroundings with the kid's breakfast in hand.

"Good morning, Lloyd," you greeted, handing him the simple meal you had made a few hours ago for the entire Hypnobrai tribe, watching as your 'superior' ate with relish.

"Morning, Miss (y/n)!" he replied through a mouthful of bread and soup, making you take a handkerchief from your pocket dimension and wipe his mouth.

"Don't talk with your mouth full," you corrected gently, "It's rude and even evil overlords need to have good behaviour at times." Though you say that... you've never actually met an evil tyrant before. Even so, you didn't want the boy in front of you to adopt an uncivilised way of living. Your sensei would be extremely disappointed if he saw the child you half-adopted with terrible manners.

Letting out a small sigh at the thought of the older male whose whereabouts were still shrouded in mystery, you bided your time by feeding chunks of leftover venison to Dart who ate the meat with great enjoyment.

Swallowing his mouthful of food, Lloyd exclaimed loudly "Whoa! You have a snake too, Miss (y/n)?"

"...Yes, I suppose you can say that," you respond, smiling gently at your companions, "Her name's Dart, like the weapon. Say hello, Dart," Reach out a hand to bring the 'serpent' closer to the boy, the being slithered down from her place around your neck and wound herself around your arm, tasting the air as Lloyd looked on in fascination.

"What kind of snake is she, Miss (y/n)?"

Thinking for a moment, you decided on playing dumb as you recalled your teacher's words about how pretending to be ignorant was always a good choice. "I'm not sure. I found her when she was still in her egg and decided to raise her." you reply, technically telling the truth, "You know, when I first saw her egg, I thought it was an avocado and was going to eat her."