Chapter 31: So... Kai seems a little bit... off...

(Second person POV)

(Time skip - 4 hours)

Placing the dishes the two of you had cooked on the dinner table, you felt... light, almost, as if your gravity element had activated and swooped you off your feet.

Nah, girlie, Koun chimed in, interrupting your thoughts, You're just feeling proud 'cause you made some pretty good food that you've never made before,

I see... you murmur, about to take a seat in the middle of Zane and Jay, Thank you, Koun. You're very useful and very well informed in the areas of knowledge I have little expertise in.

Well, duh~ the silhouette beamed as you could almost feel the pride radiating off her aura, I have twice the life experience compared to you!

Nodding internally, you focused on placing the food on the table before walking to the other side of the dinner table to take your seat, only to be interrupted by Wu. "I believe you will be sitting there for the rest of the week," he emphasised as he gestured to the empty spot to the left of Kai who was still under the control of the hallucinatory venom.

"What?!" you couldn't help but exclaim in disbelief, the action incongruous with your usual behaviour and made the old man raise an eyebrow. Swallowing down the noises of protest, courtesy of Koun, that threatened to spill from your throat, you said silent and moved back over to the other side of the table. Sitting down next to the also out-of-character Kai, you merely made eye contact with Zane, his somewhat crestfallen expression telling you everything.

God damn it, Wu... Koun muttered, crossing her arms as the rest of The Destiny's Bounty's passengers assembled, If you weren't so useful, I'd rip you to shred without hesitation...

Don't, Koun, you reply as you murmur "Itadakimasu..." with your eyes closed, catching sight of Dart sitting down to your right and doing the same. Picking up your chopsticks as everyone else began digging in, you tuned in to the conversation the others were engaged in, something about the mysterious samurai who had saved the seven (well, six to the others as they could only see Dart and not Koun) of you before.

"So then, just when we were gonna bite it, this huge mechanical robot-" Jay explains to an astonished Lloyd and Dart.

"Samurai," Zane corrects, "It was Samurai,"

"A Sama-what?" the blond child repeats in confusion, looking in your direction for guidance, only for you to turn away when your gazes were about to meet.

Hey, isn't this a little harsh for a kid? Koun mutters, looking at your display with apprehensiveness, I'm sure he didn't mean to tell Pythor your weakness.

I don't hate him, you answer, seeming indifferent to the two pairs of eyes staring into the side of your face, one from the boy who you once trusted the most and the other from a certain hothead who hasn't taken his eyes off you ever since you walked into the room. I just don't believe he is as trustworthy anymore and will make sure to keep that in mind whenever I talk to him, you affirm to the silhouette as you see Master Wu explain something, but you were too occupied with your thoughts to hear what he said. If I were to hold a grudge against him, it may become dangerous in the future, so I prefer not to do so. Instead, it's easier to let go of what little emotional attachment I had to him before as they are worth nothing-

"He was a hundred feet high, with weapons coming out every part of him!" Kai exclaimed, the sheer volume of his irritating voice making you lose your train of thought. "Look at Sensei's beard," he whispered very loudly to Cole who seemed so done with the male, "It's moving like snakes..."