Chapter 24: So... you ended up beating up Kai...

(Second person POV)

"...With their fists on fire," Zane finished, earning a collective 'Whoa' of awe from his friends, breaking you out of your meditation that bore no progress in clearing the barrier in your mind.

"So I'm the Green Ninja or the Silver Ninja... Maybe both-" Kai murmured, a hand over his chin as if in thought.

"What are you talking about?! They had incredible strength to lift the cargoes and save his life. It's me-" Cole argued, only to be cut off.

"No no, did you miss the part of the story where they pulled out nunchucks? I have nunchucks!" Jay emphasised, holding up his golden weapon as if to prove a point.

"I think you're all missing the point of this dream," Zane chimed in, "The point is that falcon flew on their arm and it was my dream. So naturally, it's me!"

"I think we can cross Cole off the list. I could have lifted ten times-" the lightning elemental declared.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, cross me off the list?!" the teen refuted, "Anyone can hold nunchucks-"

"Since you four seem are not training, you must have already found the answer to my riddle. What is the best way to defeat your enemy?" Master Wu inquired, making your eyes snap open as you unfurled yourself from your sitting position with Dart laying comfortably in your lap.

"Uh... the best way to defeat your enemy is to... train... Sensei?" Kai more asked than answered, making up something on the spot.

"Feeble and incorrect," the old man replied, crossing his arms over his chest as his students looked down in glumness, "Maybe more training will help you focus. Remember what happened to your vehicles when you lost focus. A razor-sharp weapon is an extension of a razor-sharp mind..." he advised before retreated backwards into the lower decks of the ship, the doors closing after him without any semblance of being manipulated by a particular force.

Letting out a collective sigh, the teens began to disperse from their group huddle, with Jay complaining "How are we supposed to focus when we don't know who the Green Ninja and the Silver Ninja are?!"

"I don't wanna be training all day. Let's work together on this riddle, we can figure it out." Cole encouraged before adding "You too, (y/n). We're gonna need your brains as well."

"Ugh, why does she have to join us too?! Isn't it bad enough that we're stuck training all day? Why do we need to be with her while we do so?!" Kai groaned, following his friend in black nonetheless without trying to physically stop you from joining them.

Getting up out of your seat on the deck, you used your gravity element to float over to the Ninja, your Clarity Bell chiming lightly as you moved with Dart at your side. I wonder what answer they'll come up with... you thought to yourself as you still found yourself making no progress in bypassing your fear of your past, even with Koun's encouragement. I just hope it'll give me some leeway in my task...

(Time skip - 1 hour)

"Anyone got a solution to Sensei's riddle?" the earth elemental inquired whilst spinning the bamboo staff and interchanging hands.

"It can't be that hard! What's the best way to defeat an enemy?" Jay thought aloud while doing backflips across the deck.

"Zane, (y/- I mean, just Zane, you're smart. What is it?" Kai asked for his friend's opinion as he punched a punching bag while the three other teens looked at him in slight surprise that he almost admitted his 'rival' was intelligent.

"...I do not know, but I sense Sensei is going to keep us here if we don't work together and find an answer." the ice ninja replied, currently doing the Swooping Crane pose while you went through the spinning obstacle course with axes and human-like dummies posed to strike without much trouble.