Chapter 49: Care for a bite?

(Second person POV)

Suddenly, the sound of metal landing on earth made your eyes fly open and your caution raised to the maximum as you instinctively pulled out your Void Vanquisher from your pocket dimension and spun around to face the noise source. Only when you caught sight of Nya dressed as the Samurai leap into the cockpit did you lower your guard along with your tsurugi. Giving you a two-fingered salute and, judging from how her face crumpled, a wink, the female bed you goodbye before running off to presumably help the Ninja.

With a soft huff, you muttered "...Yeah, yeah, I need to stay here so I don't die or something..." Out of nowhere, the sound of multiple pairs of footsteps rushing out from inside the horror ride made you tense up, raising your weapon again. Sure enough, a group of Serpentine emerged from the building, shortly followed by Pythor himself and Skales.

"Ah, we meet again, (y/n)," the violet-coloured snake hissed with a sly grin, a gesture you didn't reciprocate.

"Where's Lloyd?" you demanded, not failing to notice the number of opponents gathered around you.

"Ah, the boy, hm?" the male smirked, his attitude testing both your and Koun's patience more than Kai usually does. "Well, I'll be able to tell you if you join us and obey my every command."

Despite your spirit companion's protests, you decide to humour the humanoid to hopefully be able to gain information out of him before joining the Ninja again. "...Alright," you reply, your tsurugi disappearing from your hand and into your pocket dimension with a shake of your wrist, "I'll do it, but you have to keep Lloyd at all times and allow me to see him."

With a hand on his chin, Pythor gave you a hum of consideration before motioning for you to come closer. Cautiously, you approached the Anacondrai, knowing full well that this may be a trap. "Well, that's fine with me," he grinned when his tail suddenly wrapped around you in a bone-crushing grip that caught you half off guard, forcibly squeezing the air out of your lungs as if you were little more than a stress ball made of flesh and bone. "However, you'll need to obey my every command..."

"I agreed... to that...!" you choked out, trying to struggle out of the serpent's grip.

"Oh, but there's a chance that you will disobey, no?" he leered before signalling to Skales.

Before the male could approach, you tried to wrestle your way out, only for the reptile holding your captive to tighten his grip on you, making you unable to move. With a noise of interest not dissimilar to that of a person examining a growling dog on a leash, he pulled your lips apart, taunting "Hm? Those are some nice fangs you have there. It wouldn't surprise me at all if you were to turn into a snake right here and now."

With a snarl, you took the chance to get your captor back, biting down on the hand that was touching you, breaking the skin. You could have broken the bone too if it weren't for his right-hand-serpent punching you in the guts, making you open your jaws as you choked on your own spit with a gasp.

Looking from his wounded hand to your snow-white teeth now dyed scarlet, Pythor snarled "Bite all you want, little wolf, but soon, you'll be little more than my faithful dog, hunting down all your friends for sport."

With a cold laugh, you spit out a mixture of your spit and his blood onto the ground, a smirk on your face and a hatred in your eyes that was only further fueled by Koun's egging. "Hah, you say that but right now, you're the little bitch, hiding behind others and getting them to do the dirty work for you," you sneer, watching in sadistic enjoyment as the serpent started seeing red, "At least I get my own hands dirty, not staining the ones of others and puppeteering them to do whatever I want. It doesn't matter whether you try to break me or try to kill me. It won't change the fact that you're little more than a snivelling coward, using others and then discarding them like used tissues. But one day, that tissue box of yours will run empty and you'll be all on your own, a sad, scared little piece of shit..."