Chapter 52: Bang goes something

Warning! I don't know if it's needed, but just in case, please do not attempt the experiments conducted in this chapter (or any of the other chapters, to be frank). Thank you!

(Second person POV)

..How long had it been? You didn't know, but it was far longer than you wanted it to be. You've been in this cell for quite some time now, doing little more than sleeping for a few minutes every day, eating that horrible gruel your captors deemed food, and just witnessing death after death after death. You don't know how you managed to stay sane throughout all of this. Perhaps it was because 🔷was always by your side, always doing some sort of odd tinkering whenever he had free time and trying to comfort you in his own way.

It surprised you, to say the least when he told you that those monsters allowed him to create whatever he pleased from the materials they either didn't want or he took from the people he defeats in battle. You would have thought they would deny his request and rip him to shreds like the savages they are.

"⸮🟡" the male's voice suddenly called out, snapping you out of your thoughts, "⸮ㄒㄩㄖ乃卂 Ꮆ几丨Ҝ几丨卄ㄒ ㄩㄖㄚ 乇尺卂 ㄒ卂卄山"

"Nothing much," you answer with a soft smile, peering over the other's shoulder to see what cool things he was building now. He seems to have quite the knack for creating things out of pieces of broken pieces. One time, he even built a mini flamethrower using a broken leaf blower and some other random parts you weren't able to identify. Thanks to that, the two of you were able to stay much more comfortably in your conjoined cell, especially due to the warmth of the flames hiding away the harsh biting cold of the night.

"More importantly," you grin in anticipation, "Did you make anything new?"

Glancing over at you, the male gave you a soft smile before muttering ".丂ᗪ尺卂ㄩᎶ 尺ㄖ千 ㄒㄩㄖ Ҝㄖㄖㄥ 尺ㄖ ㄒㄩㄖ 乇爪 卩ㄥ乇卄 尺乇卄ㄒ丨乇 ᗪㄥㄩㄖ卄丂 ㄩㄖㄚ .乇尺乇卄 卂ㄒㄒㄩㄖ 丂ㄩ ㄒ乇Ꮆ ㄖㄒ 丂几ㄖ卩卂乇山 乇爪ㄖ丂 乇Ҝ卂爪 ㄖㄒ Ꮆ几丨ㄚ尺ㄒ 爪'丨"

"Eeh? Again?" you pout, getting off of the stool that sat next to the male, "But that's what you've been doing for the past three months!"

Giving you a glare that told you to quiet down before the both of you got caught, you let out a little sigh and murmured, "Fine, I got it... I'll help look out for anyone approaching and fiddle with some of the parts in the meantime..."

With a purposefully audible sigh, you headed up the stairs of the secret chamber your cellmate had created throughout the time he was trapped in his prison. Using little more than a spoon and an assortment of sharp metals, he was able to pry out the bricks from underneath the rag that served as his bed, creating his own secret workshop that was safe from his captors' prying eyes. On the top of the staircase that leads to the jail was a wooden trapdoor that had a piece of glass that served as a peephole, helping the people within the lab to get out when none of the guards was watching.

Looking through the door viewer, you deemed the area clear before carefully and quietly emerging from the chamber, placing the trapdoor back in its place. Before the two of you merged cells, the gate was covered with 🔷's blanket but now had been painted the same colour as the bricks surrounding it, courtesy of your painting skills.

With a pleased hum, you carefully removed the life-sized doll of you from underneath the blanket, leaving the fake version of your friend in its sleeping position under the covers. Shoving the dummy behind a pile of metal scraps, you pulled out a few vials of various chemicals from a wooden box underneath a scratched-up desk, a smile on your face as you looked over the different liquids in the tubes.