Chapter 58: Waltzing off with his heart

(Second person POV)

Just as you were about to sit back down, the sliding door opened again, allowing Lou to walk into the room, a bright grin on his face. "Well then, let's see the act you've prepared," he announced, taking a seat on the couch again.

"...We... haven't decided on what's best yet," you excused, glancing over at Cole as if seeking some sort of assurance. "We thought we should postpone deciding what style and how we dance until we got your opinion as you're a professional and is much more experienced in the show business than we are."

With a hum of agreement, the man nodded, seemingly agreeing with your point. "Then can you show me what types of dances you're all familiar with?"

...Crap... you hissed inside your head, looking back at your teammate in black for his input, only to see that he had the same expression you had.

After a moment of silence, Lou sighed, "Alright then, can you do a simple waltz?"

...A what...? you uttered flabbergasted, eyes darting over to Koun who looked at you with a bored expression.

It's a type of ballroom dance, she explained, floating up into a sitting position, I can probably do it, but it's been a while since I've danced. Also, you're gonna have to see the moves, 'cause if you resist against my control over your limbs, I won't be able to dance for you.

"Do you mind giving us a demonstration?" you asked awkwardly, worried that the male was going to refuse or think that you five were incompetent and see through your act.

With a nod, the man put on some classical music and beckoned for Cole to come over, which he did reluctantly before placing a hand on the other's shoulder. Then, they began dancing a simple waltz with Lou being the leader and Cole as the follower. Watching their every step carefully, you took down mental pictures that you are sure you will relay onto your sketchbooks, wanting to show this to... your teacher...?

But... will he even be able to see it-

Before you could think more about the topic, the two had finished the little routine with Lou returning back to his seat to rest his still injured leg and the earth elemental standing there awkwardly, extending his right hand for you to take while he rubbed the back of his neck, a light flush coating his face.

Taking his hand, you stiffly stood up, taking a deep breath as you close your eyes, allowing Koun to possess your body. Within moments, a cool, almost freezing sensation overcame you, swallowing your entirety and sending an involuntary shiver up your spine. 

"Are you alright?" Cole whispered, seemingly noticing your discomfort, his dark eyes staring deep into your own.

"...Yeah," you breathed, breathless from how hard you were trying to keep yourself calm and not jerk away from the physical contact.

"Just follow my lead," he murmured, causing you to nod as you looked down at your feet, trying to remember the steps shown to you moments before.

Then, it started.

The teen began to move, stepping forward with his left foot as Koun piloted you back with your right. Then, your partner moved to the right and you moved in the opposite direction, then bringing your feet parallel to one another. Surprisingly, the next part of the waltz was the same, just with the opposite side, the whole thing repeating over and over. Despite this, you continued to look down at your feet, brow scrunched up with concentration.

"Hey, relax," Cole murmured softly, his voice coming out loud and clear as his voicebox was right beside your ear. "Look up and just go with the flow, alright?"