Chapter 25: Wrong answer... again...

(Second person POV)

Knocking politely on the entrance to his room, you waited for Master Wu to permit you to enter when Kai threw open the door, giving you a look of something bordering disbelief and confusion before dragging you inside as you made a noise of protest.

"Oh? You must have found the answer to what is the best way to defeat an enemy." the old man remarks, looking up momentarily from his calligraphy.

"We have, Sensei. It's — On three, guys. One, two-" Cole began, also addressing you with the word 'guys'.

"Teamwork!" you all simultaneously declared, leaning in for a 'fistbump' as the teens called it.

"Is this what you all think?" the oldest in the cabin inquired, seeming unimpressed from both his aura and his facial expression. A jumble of 'Yeah's and 'Yes' answered his question as you silently nodded, guessing from the male's reaction that you were all wrong. Ah, well, you're in too deep to back out now.

"Sadly, you are all wrong," Master Wu revealed, earning groans of frustration from the ninja as you began to brainstorm new answers.

Exiting the room after the group, you shut the door behind you as you left, listening to Cole sigh "I'm starting to think whoever figures out this riddle can be the Green Ninja or the Silver Ninja for all I care!"

Before the others could get a word in, the shrill beeping of an alarm fills everyone's ears, making your particularly sensitive ones cry out in pain as you tried to just bear it so the teens won't think it's your weakness.

"What's that?!" Jay exclaimed, looking around in both relief and confusion.

"Who cares?!" Kai replies, a grin spouting on his face, "It's something else besides training!" With that, the males rush off and you, seeing that you had nothing to do besides mull over the answer to Master Wu's riddle, trailed after them with mild curiosity, your Clarity Bell calming your nerves as you walked.

Rushing into the control room, the fire elemental instructed "Break it down for me, sis."

So Nya and Kai are siblings... you thought to yourself as you pulled out your sketchbook and noted it down, I could tell from their auras that they were related by blood, but I wasn't sure if they wanted that information known by other people...

"Lloyd and the Serpentine have overtaken Darkley's Boarding School for Bad Boys," the girl explained, pointing to a particular spot on the map that was displayed on the large monitor.

"Darkley's Boarding School for Bad Boys...?" you echoed in confusion whilst copying down the illustration of all of Ninjago, definitely more attentive now that the child you were supposed to protect was mentioned.

"That place is a cesspool for the crooked and the misbehaved," Jay answered, his brow scrunched up with an emotion similar to anger.

"Doesn't mean they don't need our help," Cole remarked before turning to Zane, "Step on it!"

On what? you wondered, watching the ice ninja with curiosity and confusion as he ran toward the large scarlet button before slamming it.

Another expression~ Koun sang in your head, her voice revealing her irritation at repeating the word.

But he didn't even step on anything though... you muttered internally, Shouldn't it have been something like 'Hit it' or 'Press it' instead?

Ugh, like I said before, it's just an expression... the silhouette emphasized, her tone cueing you to drop the subject before she blows up in anger.