Chapter 48: How human is inhuman?

(Second person POV)

Running a hand through your hair, you stood in front of Jay's shared bedroom, waiting for the male to turn up for your rendezvous. After a while more of waiting, you pulled out a clock from your pocket dimension, checking the time to see that it was already five minutes past twelve and there was still no sign of him.

...Where in the world is he? you muttered internally, brow furrowing in concern and confusion, Perhaps he called it off? Or he left without me as I came too late?

Girl, what. Koun stared at you in disbelief, unable to believe that you would think that. No way. He seemed really excited about the date and wouldn't ditch you. He's probably still getting ready or something.

Nodding in understanding, you decided to wait in front of the door some more when the sound of someone speaking from inside the Ninja's room caught your attention. "Did I ever tell you I was the first one to learn Spinjitzu?" Jay's muffled voice sounded from behind the door, "Nononono, I mean, uh, I invented Spinjitzu." Pausing for a moment, you hear him assure himself, "Yeah, that's it."

Who is talking to...? you wondered, worried that the male had gone insane, And he couldn't have invented Spinjitzu, right? Sensei already knew multiple forms of the move and if Jay was the one to invent it, wouldn't that make him Sensei's sensei? And if that were true, then he would be far older than I am, right?

Unable to reply with how hard she was laughing, Koun began wheezing, leaning against the door for support as tears gathered in the corners of her eyes.

"I invented a few other moves, like the Karate Double Chop," the electric elemental continued before yelling "Hyah! Huah!", making you tense up, thinking that he had just been ambushed by enemies that you somehow weren't able to detect.

Suddenly, the teen began spluttering "No, nononono!", before his voice lowered and muttered something you weren't able to hear clearly as the sound of your ghostly companion's laughing covered the other's words. 

Before you could react, the door opened, revealing Jay with a pair of sleek ebony-black gloves that matched his equally dark-coloured tuxedo. Catching sight of his maroon and lapis-blue scarf on, you asked "...Are you cold? I could get you a heat pack or something."

With a yelp of surprise, the male blurted "(y-(y/n)! Why are you here?! I mean-" Clearing his throat, he reached out to tilt your chin with his index finger and thumb when a blur slapped his hand away. It took a while for you to realise your arm had seemingly moved on its own, pushing the other away from you as if to wordlessly say 'Don't touch me. I'm... tainted...'

"...Sorry..." you mutter, turning away from the lightning user, "...I think it's best for the both of us if you don't come into contact with me."

Buring his hurt from your response, Jay exclaimed "Nonono, I was the one who tried to touch you without warning you first!" Pausing for a moment to take a deep breath, he murmured "I... I'm sorry, (y/n)..."

Shaking your head, you decided to change the topic before the 'mood got ruined', as Koun said. "Well then, where are we headed?"

Perking up, the male grinned "I've got just the place!" before clearing his throat and smirking in a slicker tone "A perfect place for a perfect lady~" and giving you a wink.

Confused, you simply kept your mouth shut and trailed after him, heading into the control room where the three other ninja seemed to be rather busy, searching away for any clues on Lloyd's location. Sliding into the room, the teen seemed much more confident than usual, walking around with a relaxed grin on his face and walking around in a bit of a strut.