Chapter 2 First Meeting

In Jiangnan during the plum rain season, the drizzle does not stop all night.

Lu Qingzhu raised his head and looked out of the window, the dark and gloomy sky, looking around at the loneliness of lights, only the street lights in the distance flickered faintly and dimly.

Lin Jinyang stood behind the heavy curtains, the smoke between his fingers was wet with the rain, and the faint fire flickered for a moment before returning to darkness.

How to describe it, at that moment, he was suddenly stunned.

If it wasn't for the fact that he had just woken up from the dream that had troubled him for a long time, the person's appearance was still clearly in his mind, and he would really have thought that the face in front of him that was indistinguishable from the dream was just an illusion derived from his half-dreaming and half-awakening.

The curtain on the opposite side was quickly drawn, and the thin and too thin figure was hidden behind the dim light, leaving only a dim outline, trembling slightly, as if it was struggling to apply medicine to the back.

Lin Jinyang raised his hand and looked at the traces on the back of his hand that were scalded by the soot. Among the several old scars, a red spot like a cinnabar mole was very conspicuous, and the fingertips felt a little tingling.

He pinched his cigarette and pressed the rain-soaked cigarette butt into the ashtray.

The night was dark, the dawn was still early, and the sky in the distance was still a dull white. But he was no longer sleepy, just leaned silently by the window, his eyes wandering in the gloomy night.

In the dark night, except for the faint sound of rain, everything was quiet.

Cold water droplets fell down the old eaves, hitting the windowsill to make a crisp and subtle clicking sound.

Back at the age of seventeen, all the tragedies had not happened yet, but those piercing pains were truly imprinted in his mind, tormenting his fragile nerves over and over again.

That night, Lu Qingzhu dreamed of the monstrous fire again.

The face that once made him burst into tears so many times that he did not dare to forget, once again clearly appeared in the twisted and burning firelight.

He ran as fast as he could, crying so hard, but he couldn't reach it.

He slowly knelt to the ground in a suffocating despair, the dazzling and bright flames accompanied by bursts of hoarse shouts dyed the sky red and dark, and the red blood and flames spread to his feet. And his hands trembled, his hoarse throat sobbed desperately.

This is the most unforgettable and painful memory buried deep in Lu Qingzhu's mind.

The man-made fire took away not only the boy he loved with all his life, but also all the joy and hope of Lu Qingzhu's life.

He assumed countless times, fantasized countless times, that if everything could start all over again, if nothing happened, he would do everything he could to rush into that terrible fire like purgatory, even if it was the end of his life, He is also willing to save the boy he loves at all costs.

But all, there is no if.

Lin Jinyang's death was the last straw that broke him.

No one knew how intensely painful and desperate he had chosen to die on that bloody sunset afternoon.

The person he loves is lonely and indifferent, but he has a warm and tender heart. He said that no one has been willing to give him a hug since he was born, but he never knew how much he wanted to hold him in his arms and comfort the wounds in his life with his insignificant warmth.