Chapter 36 Karma (2)

A moment of speechless silence suddenly descended.

The person in front of him stared at him blankly, with a soft and fair complexion like Xuegui, like a pure white baby deer, slender and weak.

Jian Zhu didn't speak, just handed a photo to him, along with an identity certificate that he had entrusted from the imperial capital on his way there.

Lu Qingzhu lowered his head and looked at it very seriously, page by page, except for the rustling of the pages turning, there were only two people breathing slightly.

Jian Zhu sat on the chair beside the bed and waited quietly for him to finish reading. The cool light fell on the man's slender wrist, like a layer of frost and snow.

He knew that in the situation of the other party, he would definitely not be able to accept the fact that he still had relatives for a while.

He had been alone for ten years in abysmal fear and loneliness, and now someone suddenly appeared by his side claiming to be his relative, and he needed time to accept it all.

"Are you really... my brother?" After reading the sheets of paper in silence, the person in front of him looked up at him, and his eyes were hazy like winter fog.

"Yes." Jian Zhu replied in a deep voice.

He thought he would ask him angrily and why the Jian family didn't find him sooner. In the past ten years, he has lived so hard by himself, and has endured all the hardships in the mud at the bottom of society.

He was ready to bear any emotion, joy or sorrow, or anger, or blame. He was ready for everything, but the person in front of him just quietly lowered his eyes, and his expression was gentle and unbearable.

"It's good, so I have a younger brother." Like pure white gardenia confiding a little fragrance, the corner of his lips smiled, and his slender fingers gently brushed the broken hair on the boy's forehead, "You really look like this. Looks a bit like me."

"Your accent doesn't sound like a southerner, are you from the north?"

"I'm from the capital."

"Then you're very tired to get here." The man lying on the hospital bed stretched out his hand to take the plastic bag on the chair beside the bed, and then carefully took out a box of biscuits from the plastic bag and stuffed it into his hand. "Are you hungry? Are there any unopened biscuits here for you to eat first?"

Jian Zhu was stunned.

He made countless guesses on the way here, he thought about countless possibilities, what kind of person this cousin he had never met would be.

He knew his past from the information he had collected. He originally thought that people living in such an environment would more or less be contaminated with the atmosphere of the market, but the people in front of him were completely different.

He is like a lake, like the April rain in the south of the Yangtze River, pure like a mirror, and those who see it are startled.

The person on the hospital bed looked at him quietly, his brows and eyes moist as water.

"You came from so far away, and my brother didn't prepare anything for you. You've seen me now, so why don't you go back early? If you come here from the imperial capital alone, your family will definitely be worried."

"Brother." Jian Zhu gently held the slender hand, the slightly cold wrist bone with a slender blood scab on the inside, "I'm here this time to bring you back."