Chapter 43

Chapter 43

They stayed in Jiangnan for three months.

Three months is not long, but it is the time from warm spring to midsummer, but a lot has happened.

After Su Xi was imprisoned, the Su family's property plummeted and quickly became stagnant. Su Weiguo sold the house at a low price and sold the company's stock. In the end, he was unable to save everything that he had worked so hard to build up, and he could only watch everything disappear. for bubbles.

A few days later, a piece of evidence of corruption and bribery appeared in the sky and completely destroyed Xu Zhengguo's industry. Facing huge debts, Xu Zhengguo was powerless to ask for help, and finally he could only escape abroad with his mistress and illegitimate children.

The farce was staged in different places, but the perpetrator was unmoved, just huddled on the bed in the rental house with his beloved, and watched the camphor trees outside the window fall off old leaves and grow new ones.

Jian Zhu's letter said that the rose season in the imperial capital has already opened, and the city is full of purple and bright red, a beauty that cannot be seen in the south of the Yangtze River.

His unsmiling younger brother seems to have a special liking for correspondence, so many words are sealed between the lines from north to south, and reading it has the taste of the setting sun in the desert in the far north.

Lu Qingzhu thought that his expression should be gentle and restrained when he wrote these words.

So he took a pen and paper, wrote it down at the beginning, and then sorted out all the words he wanted to say, and wrote them down on the paper.

The day before he left, Lin Jinyang walked through the stone steps with old moss for the last time on his back.

The sky here is blue, the water is clear, and every summer is bright and bright, and the ground is full of golden and green light and shadows dripping from camphor.

Lin Jinyang bought half a watermelon at a fruit stand on the street, took it home and put it in the refrigerator to soak it in the coolness, then cut it into small pieces of suitable size, and fed it to his mouth piece by piece with a toothpick.

He sat by the window and found a piece of letter paper and slowly started writing. He had already set a date for going to the imperial capital. This was probably the last letter he wrote to Jian Zhu in Jiangnan. When I asked Lin Jinyang to go to the post office to send a letter, the man was still unhappy as usual, and he was only willing to go out until he got close to him and pestered him for a gentle kiss.

When he heard the first cicadas in Jiangnan, he left Jiangnan and went to the prosperous northern imperial capital in the distance.

Jianzhu said that the flowering period of Chinese roses is very long, and even in summer, you can see the city full of flowers.

On the day the plane landed at the Imperial Capital Airport, he met Jane's family at the airport who came to greet him.

"Brother, you're here." Jian Zhu, who hadn't seen him for months, walked behind him and took the wheelchair from Lin Jinyang, "Grandpa has been waiting for you for a long time."

He raised his head a little uneasily, and at first glance he saw the white-haired old man standing in the wind, trembling.

Before coming to the imperial capital, he had been apprehensive many times. The relationship between him and Lin Jinyang was unacceptable to ordinary families, not to mention famous families like the Jian family and the Lin family. In the concept of the older generation, love between two men is a taboo that goes against the world, and not many elders can choose to accept it calmly.