George & Alex - The Loop

Hello ! Surprise 🎊🥳 we're back ! Well, at least I (AgatheCa2112 ) am, and I hope to be for a while. It's been literal years since we last updated and I missed writing a lot. I've been really busy with school and everything but right now I'm doing my internship (in a race team, I'm living a dream) so I have a bit more time to get back to writing. This one is a very old WIP, from when George was still with Williams and Alex with RedBull. They have been my favorite ship for a while so it was a shame no story in this book was about them but it's fixed now. This is not my best work but it's something and I'll write more elaborate dtories again soon. I hope you'll like it though ! I'm weirdly stressed about posting it, don't remember feeling like that before, or maybe the first time ? Anyway, enough rambling 😁

Warnings : mentions of crash and death (nothing too graphic, don't worry)

(By the way, if it's something that you'd like, I might spend some time to put warnings at the start of our one shots, as some of them can tackle some difficult topics ... )

George's phone rang. He clumsily turned it off with his eyes closed before sighing heavily and rolling on his side. He just wanted a few more minutes of sleep. But the light he could see despite his closed lids made it clear that it wasn't possible. Eventually, he opened his eyes and checked his phone. After answering a few texts and reading the news, he walked out of bed. He immediately went to the bathroom and showered. He got dressed in his team kit, grabbed his phone and key card to get breakfast. He opened the door and almost stepped on an old walkman. He frowned but grabbed the object anyway. He turned it around and saw a Ferrari sticker on it. A post-it note was stuck on the other side. For George. It didn't give a lot of information on what that was doing here. He put it on the table inside his bedroom with a shrug before leaving the room. He'd think about it later.

After breakfast, George did some yoga and stretching to start getting ready for the race. Suddenly, it came back to him. With some of his mechanics, they had talked about walkmans and how he'd never used one. Maybe one of them had decided to get him one. With that explanation, he got his bag ready for the day. At 10:30, he put his phone and the walkman in his bag and joined his trainer and Nick in the hall of
the hotel. They took the car provided by the team and left for the circuit.

They arrived only a few minutes later. Nick went directly to the garage while George took his time, greeting members of his team on his way. He noticed Lando chatting with his trainer outside the Mclaren garage and joined him. The younger Brit waved at him when he saw him. His trainer took it as his cue and left them alone.

"How are you man?" Asked George, high-fiving Lando.

"Fine. What about you? Ready for the race?"

"Ready as I can be. Not that I'll have to fight anyway." He answered half-jokingly.

Lando heard the truth behind his words and smiled almost apologetically. George just shrugged.

"Got something planned for next week?"

"Nah I don't think so." Lando answered thoughtfully. "Might meet with Carlos."

"Would you like having dinner at my place someday? Maybe with Alex."

"Sure! That would be nice. Oh look, he's coming." He added, pointing at the paddock entrance.

George saw him and waved with Lando. Alex saw them. He waved back and smiled briefly before speeding up and entering the red bull garage. George frowned. Usually, the Thai chatted with them, only if it was just to ask how they were doing. And he had noticed that the smile hadn't reached his eyes like it always did. George knew because it always made his day brighter. The way his eyes shone more brightly every time he smiled always made George feel warm. But that morning, he looked preoccupied. Lando didn't seem to notice. They chatted a few more minutes before George joined his team and started getting ready for the race.