Galex - One day, I'll marry an Angel

Hello ! Did you miss me ? (It's AgatheCa2112 btw) I know, I know it's been a little while now 😅😆 I had quite an ambitious project (this one) and it took me longer than expected because, as usual, it got away from me and my initial plan 😂😂
Anyway, this is another Galex (they are my favorite atm so you'll probably see them again at some point for the next one). It's (very very loosely) inspired by the TV show Wednesday. Don't worry if you haven't seen it you will still understand everything. If you haven't, then you will recognize some places and themes but the story is completely different.
The song it is based on (at least in the beginning because I tend to deviate from my plans)  this Belgian song from the beginning of the year called "Un jour je marierai un ange" by Pierre de Maere, the original words are in italic font and the English translation is bold italic font.
I hope you like it ! And Happy New Year everyone ! 🥳🥳

Trigger warnings : Violence (as usual, but nothing too graphic I think), mentions of death (not regarding the main characters), and I'm sorry if you actually like the bad guys, this is just fiction 😅😆

Words : 21370

Docteur, un jour je marierai un ange
Doctor, one day I'll marry an ange
On fera l'amour dans les nuages
We'll make love in the clouds
En priant pour que rien ne change
Praying that nothing changes
Tu sais, une histoire ancrée dans les âges
You know, a story set in the ages

"Doctor, one day, I'll marry an angel." Stated George with an assurance that was uncommon for a 6 year old.

But not a lot was normal for George. First, he was probably too young to be visiting a psychiatrist. See, his parents were quite ordinary. But George wasn't. He had something else. Some would call it a power, others a curse. But one thing was for sure. George wasn't normal.

He was too young to remember exactly when it started happening but he remembers exactly how he and his parents realized something was wrong.
He'd been drawing on the kitchen table while his mother was cooking. He was babbling about a character from one of his books. He didn't really pay attention to what he was drawing. His crayons were spread all around him. Eventually, his mom turned to him and looked at the sheet of paper. She frowned. He had drawn a woman holding a sharp object, something like a knife and there were red splashes around her. It seemed weirdly dark but he was just a child. Maybe he hadn't realized that the color made it look like blood. She went back to the vegetables she was preparing.

As you probably guessed, it was more than just a poor choice of color. Indeed, just a few minutes later, she gasped as everything under her feet started to turn red. She'd dropped her knife on her foot, stabbing it badly. George saw the scene and screamed. His dad came running in the kitchen , wondering what was happening. He stood still for a second, shocked by the morbid scene. He immediately called an ambulance while compressing the wound.

She was soon taken to the hospital in an ambulance. George stayed home with his dad. That's when his father saw his drawing. His face turned pale. The woman he'd drawn was no random woman. She was wearing the same light blue blouse and long pink skirt. Her hair was slightly curly and dark brown. It was his mother, holding a knife and accidentally stabbing her own foot.

When asked to explain how he'd come to draw this scene, George explained that he'd just let his hand do the work, that he wasn't sure what he had drawn himself. His father, not satisfied by that answer, asked again and again, speaking louder and louder until George broke into tears. He was so confused ! His mom wasn't there, his dad was screaming at him but he was sure he'd done nothing wrong ! Or maybe he had ? What if it was his fault his mom had to be taken away ? What if he was to blame for the injury ?
He was probably too young to have this kind of reasoning. And his dad was probably too stressed and afraid to realize that it would do more harm than good to blame his son for the incident. And even though he tried to hide it, George was a sensitive kid and he felt the guilt.