Maniel- Crash

Hey ! This one shot is for megannkatee !! I'm so sorry I kinda forgot about it...🤷‍♀️😇😅 But anyway there it is, I hope you'll like it !😘 I'm a little late but Merry Christmas! 🎄❄️

It was the Baku Grand Prix. Daniel and Max started the race fourth and fifth. Today would be a good race for Red Bull, they would score a lot of points for the championship. But suddenly at the 39th lap, Daniel saw Max's car right in front of him after a small move on the left. He couldn't stop or turn his car away. It was too late. Before he could do anything the two cars crashed violently. Daniel's car was stuck behind Max's one.

"Sorry for the team. He moved while he was braking, I couldn't do anything." Said Daniel, disappointed, over the radio.

"He completely crashed on me." Exclaimed Max angrily.

"Copy that."

The two drivers left their cars looking at their feet. They came back to the garage. They went to the interviewers to answer their questions but did they best to avoid the other. After that, Max quickly walked to Daniel.

"Why did you do that ?" He asked firmly to his boyfriend.

"What ? We crashed I couldn't do anything to avoid the contact with you." Answered Daniel, surprised by the accusation.

"You could have brake sooner! You ruined our races, MY RACE." Yelled Max pushing Daniel.

The Aussie gripped Max's forearm and pushed him between the Red Bull and Ferrari motorhomes.

"Are you fucking serious ?!" He exclaimed. "You make a scene over a race incident, you're completely immature." He spat.

"I'm not immature, you always ruin everything I do. You just don't want me to be better than you." Max barked as he pushed Daniel's hands away violently.

"Why do you always overreact ?! Can't you act like a man ? It's beginning to be really annoying." Daniel answered, grabbing Max's arm again.

"Oh yeah alright, because you think you act like a grown man ? Who's the one who crashed into me a few minutes ago ? Someone's telling me it's you and only you." Spat the Dutch, pushing him away hardly.

Daniel's back hit the wall. He greeted his teeth and looked at Max darkly. The Dutch hold his look.

"What do you want Max?" Said Daniel calmly. "You want to breakup with me? You know you can tell it simply. You don't have to act like a fucking dick." Replied the Aussie.

"Don't you dare Ricciardo." Max seethe.

"Oh no. You listen Max Emilian Verstappen. I didn't fucking hit you. I was faster than you, like most of the time. You turned in the braking zone. You put yourself in this situation. You're the only one to blame." His face was only inches away from Max's.

The Dutch swallowed dryly but kept his mouth closed.

"Do you want to break up with me?" Asked Daniel with no emotion in his voice.

"Maybe." He answered defensively.

"Alright I see." He said.

He pushed the Dutch backward. Max stumbled and his back hit the opposite wall. Daniel glared at him one last time and turned around. He walked confidently to the paddock.

The young Aussie ran to his motorhome.He waited for the door to shut close behind him to scream. He needed to air his frustration. Why did his boyfriend, he could still call him that, act like that ? He couldn't take it anymore. He just wanted to punch him, watch him realize he was wrong. Maybe he had braked too late. But Max shouldn't have turned back to the left, that was for sure. And he shouldn't have attacked him like that. Daniel had only defended himself. He sat on the ground, holding his knees with his arms. He stayed like that, his head rested on the top of his knees for a while. He needed to calm down.

. . .

Max started thinking about what he had said. Maybe he was a little bit harsh with his boyfriend. He didn't mean what he had said. He had to find Daniel again. He walked to Daniel's motorhome in hope to find him there.

"Daniel." He called nervously.

"I don't want to talk to you. Go away." The Aussie answered through the door.

Max felt slightly relieved. The aggressiveness from earlier had faded from his voice.

"I didn't want to hurt you. I'm so sorry." He sighed.

There was no answer. He waited a few more seconds. But nothing seemed to move inside the room. So Max decided to entered the room which wasn't closed.

"Daniel I'm so sorry !" He said as he saw his boyfriend sat against the wall.

The Aussie looked at him with an eyebrow raised. He sat next to him and looked at the wall in front of them.

"I didn't meant anything I've told you. I'm just a sour idiot. I love you so much, you can't even know how much I regret what I've said." Max said in a small voice. "I shouldn't have turned. It was a mistake. My mistake. I'm sorry."

It felt weird to admit he was wrong. That wasn't something he was used to. But somehow, it felt right. Once he'd aired it out, he felt lighter.

Daniel didn't answer right away. He turned to Max and looked at him. Max turned and looked at his eyes. The Aussie's brown piercing eyes was looking through him, into his soul. But he didn't look away. He let him see everything of him, let him see he believed in what he had said.

"It was my fault too. I should have brake earlier. I'm sorry." Finally said Daniel.

"There's nothing you have to apologize for." Exclaimed Max. "I was wrong and I was mean to you."

"And so was I. You're not a dick. And I love you very much." Daniel answered with a small smile.

"I love you too Dan."

Their lips brushed against the other's in a light kiss. It was an apology and a promise. They wouldn't fight over a race incident again. They were stronger than that.

Daniel let his head fall on Max's shoulder. Max stroked the dark curls of his boyfriend softly and closed his eyes.