Landex- Pretending

Hiii !! I'm back..well not exactly 😂 My sister's back with a new one shot with a new ship ! I like this os way too much so I hope you'll enjoy it too ! 😘😘

"Yes, of course I'll be there... No, no. Don't worry... I told you I would... yes she knows.... Good, I'll see you soon... Love you too mom."

Lando hung up and sighed heavily as he put his phone back in his pocket.

"I'm so fucked." He muttered to himself.

"Are you okay?"

Lando jumped. Alex was standing in front of him, smiling shyly. They were waiting for the drivers' briefing.

"Yeah, everything's okay." Lando sighed.

"Why are you fucked?"

"Because I promised my mom I would bring my boyfriend to my cousin's wedding. But I don't have a boyfriend." He mumbled.

"Boyfriend?"

"Shit! Did I say that out loud?"

Alex laughed lightly to how panicked Lando suddenly looked.

"Hey, it's fine. I won't tell anyone." He said gently.

"Really?" The Brit looked at him with pleading eyes.

"Of course. You're my friend. I wouldn't do that to you."

"Thanks, I guess."

"But your parents know, right?"

"Yeah, I told them a while ago. I just don't want it to be public, you know, for the sponsors and stuff." Lando explained.

"I get it." Answered Alex with a knowing smile. "So what are you gonna do? For the wedding?"

"I have no idea. I guess I should tell them I'm single."

"Why did you tell them you had someone anyway?" Alex didn't understand.

"My sisters were annoying, and my mother kept introducing me to her friends' sons. I just wanted to be left alone." Lando shrugged. "How do you think they'll react if I tell them I broke up just before the wedding?"

"I don't mind coming with you." Alex suggested.

"Or I could say he died. No, maybe not..." Lando was still thinking out loud. "Wait. What did you say?" He was frowning deeply.

Alex chuckled.

"I said that, if it made things easier for you, I could pretend to be your boyfriend to the wedding. We've known each other for a while, it wouldn't be too hard to explain. And I don't have anything planned in the next weeks."

"Really?" Lando still sounded incredulous.

"Yeah!"

"Alexander, you are my savior!" Lando exclaimed. "You're the best."

"I know." Alex answered with a laugh.

"Can I hug you?"

"Sure."

He opened his arms and Lando hugged him.

"What's up guys?" Max asked cheerily.

"Max!" Lando exclaimed with a bright smile. "How are you?"

"I'm good, what about you? Why are you such in a good mood?" The Dutch asked, perplexed.

"I don't know. I'm just happy." Answered the Brit. He smiled at Alex knowingly and they burst in laughter at Max who seemed completely lost.