Lansteban- Brazil 2018

Hey !! So this one shot is for AgatheCa2112 I hope you'll like it ! 😘

Esteban left the paddocks, his body shaking from the memory of Max's words. He knew that the young Dutch would have his payback. He couldn't stop looking around him, making sure the man wasn't near him.

Lance was looking for his boyfriend, he knew he was still there, but where ? After a few minutes he saw the tall figure a few meters away. He quickly walked to him, and brushed his hand over his back. But the young Frenchman jumped at the touch.

"Esteban... are you okay ?" Asked Lance, with a worried voice.

"Yes. But can we go back to the hotel quickly ?"

"It's because of Max, isn't it ?"

"I know he wants to hurt me."

"I won't let him touch a millimetre of your skin." Said Lance protectively.

They headed towards their hotel. It wasn't far from the circuit but it didn't stop Esteban from  constantly looking above his shoulder. They jumped in the elevator, their room were at the eighth floor. When they finally stopped, they saw a few meters away from the elevator a man standing on his feet, looking at them. At first, they didn't recognize the man, but as they were walking toward him they saw Max's tall figure appearing in front of them. His eyes were stuck on Esteban, looking at him with a dark expression. Esteban caught Lance hand, not wanting to face him again.

"You're such a coward !" Yelled the Dutch, facing Esteban.

"Go fuck yourself Max." Replied Lance, standing between the two drivers. "It's not his fault." He said in a calm tone.

"It's not his fault ?! It's NOT HIS FAULT ?! HE RUINED MY RACE !" He pointed Esteban with his finger, his face becoming red because of the anger.

"He can race too. It's not because you were the leader that you have every rights." Spat the Canadian.

"He didn't have the right to crash into me!"

"But he had the right to be faster" Answered Lance calmly.

"It doesn't allow him to fucking push me of the track!" Yelled the Dutch angrily, stepping closer to the pair.

"You weren't risking anything at letting him some room on the inside. It wouldn't have allowed Lewis to catch you. And you'd have won the race." Added Lance while turning to look at Esteban.

The Frenchman was standing next to him, not daring to talk. Max looked like a pressing cooker. He was ready to burst and Esteban didn't want to be the reason he let go. He knew what Max was capable of and it would get dirty.

"He wasn't supposed to be there! He should have slow down! It was his fault, not mine!" Max was raging. Lance was unnerving him more than anything.

"Well let me amend what I said before. It wasn't entirely his fault. He should have slow down. You should have left a space. Now you lost the race, he just got a penalty. I don't know who lost more by not thinking.

Max's face was twisted in anger. His fists were clenched tightly.

"And you, you dirty little Frenchman. You don't even have the balls to face me, you have to ask your pretty little dog to defend you. That's pathetic."

"Don't you dare talking about us like that you asshole. I won't let you and your dumbass face talk like that about my boyfriend!"

Max stepped forward, Lance imitating the Dutch as Esteban stepped to the side. Suddenly Esteban saw Max jumping to him with his fist raised in the air. It made painful contact with his face. He stepped back, brushing his hand over his bloody nose.

"I don't want to fight against you Max." Claimed Esteban. "I'm sorry for your race." He added with his hands raised in the air.

He wasn't the kind of guy who fight people. He prefered talking and solving issues rather than just attacking.

"I don't fucking care of your apologies." Said Max, raising his fist in the air again, ready to punch the young Frenchman for the second time. But before he could touch the face of the man in front of him Lance caught his arm in the air and threw it down. He pushed him back, his anger taking control over his brain. He almost knocked him out with a violent up right hook.

"That was only self-defense." he explained as he stepped back. "Now don't you dare come close to my boyfriend and talk about the incident again."

Max opened his mouth as if he was about to say something but he closed it right after he saw Lance looking threateningly at him. He turned back and left, the head down and his fist clenched.

Lance took Esteban's arm and walked to their room.

"I like it when you're angry." Laughed Esteban, kissing him quickly the Canadian and he entered the room.