Jeandre - Next to Me

Hey! It's me, AgatheCa2112 again. So Cha doesn't know about this chapter, I'm not even sure she remembers us talking about it. So yeah, I'm kinda hacking into her account but she's my little sister so I'm allowed to 😜😂
Anyway, this chapter is based on the song Next to Me by Imagine Dragons which actually is our favorite band ever. And it's only our second chapter based on an ID song 😱😂😂
I've been wanting to write about Jeandre for weeks now, since they are my favorite ship (just after Webbonso, of course 🦁💜🐨)
No one read this apart from me so I have no outside confirmation that this isn't absolute shit. So I apologize already for the cringe, cheesiness and typos even though I re-read it too many times😅
/!\ WARNING: this chapter contain mention of eating disorder. (I'm so sorry VettelFerrari I should have warned you before😅🙇‍♀️)

"So how was your day?" Andre asked, finally breaking the silence that had settled in the small Londonian kitchen.

"Fine." Jean-Eric answered, playing absentmindedly with the food in his plate. "What about yours?" He returned the question after a brief silence.

His look crossed Andre's for the first time since they had started eating. The German frowned but didn't make any comments. He started talking about his day, as if everything was normal. But he could sense it wasn't.

Something about the way that you walked into my living room
Casually and confident lookin' at the mess I am
But still you, still you want me

. . .

Andre hadn't noticed it right away but now that he knew, he felt stupid for not seeing it earlier. Jean-Eric was having troubles eating again. He thought his eating disorders were in the past. They had fought hard to get back on track. Then, Jev had won the championship and Andre had thought it was definitely behind them. It looked like the poor results of the team and especially the last two Formula E races had affected the Frenchman more than he thought it would.

After every meal, Andre threw almost half of his meal, left untouched. He wanted to bring the subject with Jev. But he didn't seem to know how to not pressure Jean-Eric or make him feel weak for falling back into his old habits.

"Hi." A voice sounded in the hallway.

Andre waited for Jev to meet him in the kitchen after his morning run.

"Hi!" He answered with a small smile as the Frenchman kissed his lips chastely.

Andre leaned back against the counter and sipped his coffee.

"Do you want something to eat?" He asked.

"Nah I'm fine. I ate before going."

Andre frowned slightly but nodded nonetheless.

"Okay. Go shower then. You stink." He added with a smirk.

Jev stuck his tongue out playfully before leaving for the bathroom. Andre put his cup down and sighed. Jean-Eric had lied to him. He knew he hadn't eaten this morning. When he woke up, the kitchen sink was empty and the dishwasher was still running. He hadn't washed the dishes before going, that was for sure. Maybe he'd taken a fruit but it wasn't enough, especially if he was training afterwards.

Stress lines and cigarettes, politics and deficits
Late bills and overages, screamin' and hollerin'
But still you, still you want me

. . .

The days went by and Jev was still lying to him. Andre knew it. Jev seemed to eat less and less. The German was starting to see the difference on his body. No one else would. But he knew him too well. He could feel his bones under his skin, slightly more protruding than before. If he didn't know about Jev's issues and if he hadn't spent that much time exploring his body, he definitely wouldn't have noticed.