Las papayas- Be careful

Hi ! Well... I know I'm really late on my requests but I have this os from AgatheCa2112 I hope you'll enjoy it ! ❤️
By the way we are almost at 10k of views 😱 thank you so much !!!

"Be careful." Carlos said when he saw Lando ready to jump in his car.

"You know I always am." The Brit answered with a bright smile.

"Just making sure." Carlos chuckled lightly. "I love you." He mouthed silently.

Lando imitated him before climbing inside the car.

The mechanic gestured him to go. He started the car and sped up in the pitlane. No one noticed the small piece of carbon stuck inside the DRS mechanism.

Before he knew it, he was driving across the circuit, getting ready to do his first lap of the qualifying session. The car had been quick all weekend and he was ready to push hard to get the best of it.

Finally, the last curb appeared. Lando took it smoothly and sped up again. The G-force hit him as his foot hit the floor. He pressed the DRS button and felt the added speed. He couldn't help but smile at the crazy speed of his car. The signs were coming closer and closer. The usual drag effect of the DRS closing down didn't slowed the car. He tried pushing the button several time but the DRS stayed open. His heartbeat fastened as the next curb was coming closer and closer and the car wasn't slowing down as it should. He slammed his foot on the brakes but it was too late. He locked his tyres. He slid against the rumblestrip. He was too fast. The car left the track and flew to the wall. Lando closed his eyes tightly and held his breath, waiting for the impact.

The car was barely slowed by the gravel. It hit the wall full-force. The tyre wall wasn't enough to absorb the force of the shock.

.   .   .

"Red flag Carlos, red flag. Box now." Tom said calmly.

"What happened?" Carlos asked curiously. He'd been warming his tyres, getting ready for his lap.

"Norris crashed."

"Is he okay?" Carlos asked immediately, eyes widening in fear. He heard his engineer sigh.

"We don't know."

.   .   .

"Lando?" Will asked. "Lando can you hear me?" The engineer looked at the team around him nervously, frowning and shaking his head. "Lando? If you hear me, press any button on the wheel." He looked expectantly at the screen in front of him but nothing happened. The broadcast of the car wasn't showing any movement neither.

.   .   .

Lando moved his head slightly. He winced. Why was every part of his body so painful? He took a shaking breath and tried to undo his belt. But it was too painful. He barely managed to move his arm.

A worried voice echoed inside his head. He winced again. It was so loud. He needed to tell them to stop. He took a look at the steering wheel in front of him. What did he want to do again? His mind seemed to refuse to cooperate. Eventually, he found the radio button and pressed it. But before he could say anything, his hand fell again on his laps. He couldn't find the strength to keep it in place.

"Lando? Lando are you awake?" The same voice sounded in his helmet again. "A doctor is coming to you. Stay where you are. Don't move." It was Will. Lando sighed and let his head fall against the headrest.

Only then did he notice the marshalls fussing around him and the car.

.   .   .

Carlos came back to the pits hastily. He jumped out of the car, took his helmet off and rushed towards the pitwall. He almost got hit by a Haas but he barely noticed it. He immediately went to Will's side.