Beauty Unnoticed

“Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it.” Confucius

He hath made everything beautiful in His time: also He hath set the world in their heart, so that no man can find out the work that God maketh from the beginning to the end. Ecclesiastes 3:11

Descry: “catch sight of” New Oxford American Dictionary

Two white sea gulls hovered in the wind above the bridge where I was sitting in traffic. One seemed to be chasing the other but looked content to lag slightly behind. They dove and climbed and banked and looked like they were perfectly happy in the moment. They were beautiful. If you live anywhere near water I'm sure you're familiar with sea gulls, they're common and often disregarded. Sometimes they're even considered a nuisance; and like anything, they can be. But like everything God has made they are beautiful. Perfectly graceful in the air, they stay aloft with hardly a wing beat. Content to glide, use, and compromise with the wind to determine their course, they exemplify the design God created them with. So much in life is like a gull, unnoticed and beautiful. Everyday we take for granted the beauty we live with. There is hardly and ugly tree, but we pass by them everyday without ever noticing one. I can't think of a single homely mountain, but how often do we really stop to appreciate them? Let's try to appreciate the beauty around us. If we lift our eyes with the purpose to see it we will find it everywhere. God has blanketed us with His everlasting love and it's interwoven with the beautiful things He's made for us. Let's descry and enjoy it today.

Daily Journaling Questions:

How did I help someone in kindness today?

What did I learn today?

What am I thankful for?

Who did I love today?

What about today do I want to remember forever?

What are my goals for tomorrow?

Thank you so much for reading.

Jake