Do It!

“See it. Say it. Do it.” Dr. Lynn Hellerstein

For if anyone is a hearer of the Word and not a doer, he is like a man who looks intently at his natural face in a mirror. For he looks at himself and goes away and at once forgets what he was like. But the one who looks into the perfect law, the law of liberty, and perseveres, being no hearer who forgets but a doer who acts, he will be blessed in his doing. James 1:23-25

Acquit: “conduct oneself or perform in a specified way” New Oxford American Dictionary

Being in the military I hear from general officers every once in a while. Like anyone in leadership positions they have a lot to say about things. So they try to communicate their ideas with others in their chain of command. Like most bloviations, the majority of what they say is disregarded within a short period of time. But there is one thing I heard that has stuck with me. I can't remember who said it exactly but I will always remember it. “Never pass a mistake,” it's a simple phrase and you can take it for what it's worth, but I try my best to hold true to the spirit of its meaning. What if we all tried to pay attention to our surroundings a little bit more than we do? What if when we saw garbage on the sidewalk we took the time to pick it up, or when we saw a person we could help we offered assistance? What if when we saw opportunities for significance we chose to act on them, what if we forged ahead with goals no matter the risks? You might be saying to yourself, “I have a good job, why would I risk my livelihood chasing a dream?” And you might be right, it may be unwise for you to drop everything you've built to follow an unproven idea. But I bet there are things you could do to increase your success. And I'm sure if you're in the situation where you don't want to sacrifice what you have, you've already done what I'm talking about. My point is, let's not be stagnant, let's be explorers and pioneers in whatever we do. And whatever trail we blaze, let's leave a wake of significance that people will see, appreciate, and maybe even emulate. What if, when people studied our lives they could say that we “saw it, said it, and did it?”

Journaling Questions

Who did I help today?

What act of kindness did I perform today?

What did I learn today?

Who did I love today?

What are my goals for tomorrow?

Thanks for reading today's message. Remember you can get a little fuller affect by visiting www.selfgrowthjournal.blogspot.com and becoming a fan of daily self growth journal on Facebook

Jake