Use What You Have

“When you die, there's gonna be a tombstone, it's gonna have your name, it's gonna have the year you're born, it's gonna have the day you die, in between there's gonna be a dash, and that dash is gonna represent everything that you did in your life, good and bad, that's how you're remembered. What do you want your dash to represent?” Tim Tebow

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Abaft: “to the rear of; aft of” Dictionary.com

It was the 2009 NCAA BCS national football championship, the most popular google search was John 3:16. Why? Because the quarterback for the Florida Gators was wearing the verse on his eyeblacks. Over the weekend of april nine and 10, the University of Florida revealed statues of their players who had won the Heisman trophy in their careers. Tim Tebow was one of them. The statue depicts him right down to John 3:16 under his eyes. Some say there never has been and never will be another collegiate football player that eclipses what Tebow was able to do on the field. I say we should all strive to live up to the example he's set for us off the field. Tim Tebow used his fame to spread the word of God. Do we use our abilities to do that? Tim has won two national football championships in college, he now plays in the NFL and has a bright future ahead of him. In a world where common knowledge suggests one has to be slightly shady, dishonest, or even vicious to succeed, it's good to see someone with steadfast values reach heights of accomplishment unknown to most. To think that doctors suggested Tim be aborted during his mothers pregnancy because of a suspected defect makes his accomplishments all the more purposeful. I'm determined that Tim Tebow is God's example of what He can accomplish in a life lived with His purpose. We all should examine our lives and strive to live them everyday purposefully for our Maker. With God on our side, and with God at the head of our lives, I can't imagine being abaft of anyone.

Daily Journaling Questions:

How did I help someone in kindness today?

What did I learn today?

What am I thankful for?

Who did I love today?

What about today do I want to remember forever?

What are my goals for tomorrow?

Thanks for reading.

Jake