Heavenly Manager

“The best people don't need to be managed.” Jim Collins

Trust in the LORD and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.
 Take delight in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:3-4

Preside: “be in the position of authority in a meeting or gathering” New Oxford American Dictionary

I remember Joel Osteen saying in one of his sermons, “You're destiny is too big to get there on your own.” We all have a heavenly manager. While today's quote I chose fits in perfectly well in the micro events of life, God has a plan for us, so big, it requires a supernatural manager. You may or may not believe in coincidences, but I know the Bible promises providences. Every providence brought in life is the result of the highest level of management. God is no micro manager, He's a macro manager, because He desires macro things for our lives. He desires for you and I to have eternal life in a state of perfection. As Jim Collins would say, no, “The best people don't need to be managed.” But I believe the best people do need a manager. Not for constant direction, but for presiding alignment. Alignment of assets and opportunities, of goals and people, and alignment of the stars if need be. Doesn't it feel good to have the ultimate, all powerful manager on our side? He'll never throw us under the bus, He'll never treat us unfairly, He'll never do anything but love us. He even sent His Son to die for us, just so He could manage us into eternal life with Him. He's a manager bent on and presiding over our success. Yes, we all need that manager.

Daily Journaling Questions:

How did I help someone in kindness today?

What did I learn today?

What am I thankful for?

Who did I love today?

What about today do I want to remember forever?

What are my goals for tomorrow?

Thank you so much for reading,

Jake