Use a Lever

“Give me a lever long enough, a fulcrum strong enough and I'll move the world.” Archimedes

Seek the LORD and His strength, seek His presence continually. Psalm 105:4

Leverage: “the action of a lever or the mechanical advantage gained by it” Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Picture this, there used to be an area of my lawn that wasn't supposed to be lawn. At one point before my wife and I bought our house it was covered with bark dust. However, years of neglect had let the weeds and grass overtake the bark and create an area of unruly vegetation. So I decided I needed to dig out the unwanted greenery to prepare the area for bark dust again. I began shoveling the sod onto the concrete driveway. Later, I rented a trailer and parked it in the dirt where I had just been digging. Shovel full by shovel full, I filled the trailer with the material I was planning on taking to the yard debris recycling center. When I finished, the five by seven foot trailer was stacked high with muddy sod. I was done so I hopped in the truck to pull the load away. As soon as the tires began to role the trailer sunk to the frame in the mud. Hours of work later, I was finally able to free the trailer from the mess. My shovel acted like a lever that day. I could never have pushed the trailer deep into the mud with just my strength. But by leveraging time and repetitive action I was able to push the trailer down into the mud under thousands of pounds of sod. Our actions are kinda like a shovel. One scoop doesn't do much, but multiple scoops can move mountains. When we degrade a person, we may not do much damage at first, but if we continue our degrading activities, we can literally force a person to suicide. In the same way, if we strive to act in ways that are uplifting and encouraging as much as possible, we can change humanity. What's more, if we commit to doing God's work we can leverage His power and greatly multiply our affects. If you doubt me, remember Billy Graham, Mother Teresa, David Livingston, and the list goes on. They moved the world.

Daily Journaling Questions:

How did I help someone in kindness today?

What did I learn today?

What am I thankful for?

Who did I love today?

What about today do I want to remember forever?

What are my goals for tomorrow?

Thanks for reading,

Jake