How to Trump a Roadblock

“When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.” Franklin D. Roosevelt

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. Psalms 23:4

Resolved: “to reach a firm decision about” Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Sometimes in life it's important to be stubborn, to be resolved, to tie that knot and hang on. Life presents challenges and obstacles everyday. All of our goals will be impeded by doubt, distractions, and deceits. But determination can trump all road blocks. Through steadfast faith and a stubborn hope we can accomplish all of our potential. And who can determine what our potential is? Only our Creator. We are creations of God and what better maker could one ask for? How powerful is that phrase? We are creations of God... And He wants the best for us. “For I know the plans I have for you” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.” Jeremiah 29:11-13 Let's live with boldness. I'm reminded of a movie entitled The Bear about a small orphaned bear cub alone and trying to survive in the forest. In one scene he encounters a predator on a log crossing a river. With nothing left to do he roars with all his little might. To his surprise, his would-be attacker backs away. But it wasn't the roar of a cub that made the difference, it was the roar of a large male grizzly watching over him from behind that was the driving force. We are all like that little bear. At times we're backed in a corner with nothing but our helpless roars to defend us. But right over our should is the most powerful force in the universe, ready to defend on our behalf. As little as our power may seem at times, and as helpless as we can feel in life, let's determine to hang on, to stand fast with the power of God. It's a power that is unstoppable, unlike any other, and unwavering in it's willingness to rescue. Let's tie a knot and hold on with Jesus.

Daily Journaling Questions:

How did I help someone in kindness today?

What did I learn today?

What am I thankful for?

Who did I love today?

What about today do I want to remember forever?

What are my goals for tomorrow?

As always thank you so much for reading, you mean a lot to me.

Jake