Being the Poem

“If you cannot be a poet, be the poem.” David Carradine

Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is part of it. 1Corinthians 12:27

Purpose: “the reason for which something is done or created or for which something exists.” New Oxford American Dictionary

I remember watching a video about a service dog in training. This puppy was great at everything but one, she couldn't contain herself from chasing birds. Because of that, she couldn't be a service dog. But what could she do? Her owners found out this little puppy could surf, and so that's what she did. In one fundraiser she surfed with a paraplegic boy, stabilizing the board for him so he could stay on and was there for him when he fell. Because of her, not only was a paraplegic boy given the joy of catching a wave, thousands of dollars were raised for the his treatment. God has a purpose for us all, it's not necessarily hard, and sometimes it's much easier than our own plan. God knows are strengths and our weaknesses, and He hand picks us for tasks He knows we can excel at. Let's Never let failure at one thing keep us from trying another. We can all live God's purpose, if we choose to follow His calling, let go of the things we may not be so skilled at, and embrace the talents we've been blessed with. One more thing... If we choose to follow God's purpose, we may find that He's there to stabilize our life and catch us when we fall. In the words of the Beach Boys, “Catch a wave and you're sittin on top of the world.”  Now that's poetry in life!

Daily Journaling Questions:

How did I help someone in kindness today?

What did I learn today?

What am I thankful for?

Who did I love today?

What am I dreaming for?

What about today do I want to remember forever?

What are my goals for tomorrow?

Thank you for reading, you mean a lot to me.

Jake