Are You a Killer App?

“It's not what you say, but what people hear.” Frank Luntz

“For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.” Luke 14:11 (Jesus)

Killer App: “an application that would dominate and redefine it's category” Paul Allen

What do you think of, when you hear the word, “Thermos?” Probably the same thing I do. A container to keep our drinks warm; right? In truth, the company Thermos, manufactures all kinds of products besides their “thermoses.” See, that's an example right there of what I'm talking about. Their core product is so dominant that it defines a product category. It's truly the killer app of drink canisters. When I say “thermos,” you naturally hear “drink insulator.” Quick, now say your name. What do you think people naturally hear? We may never be the killer app a thermos or an iPod is, but with God's help, we can define what, who, and why we are. What do you want people to think when they hear your name? That question has the ability to change who we are, because it gets to the heart of what we desire to be; it's introspective to the core. Very few of us want to be bad, or dysfunctional people, but too many of us let the world lead us. We are like a boat adrift on a river, we float and bob down the rapids, instead of powering upstream. In life, circumstances can influence us greatly, but a purposeful identity can give us the ability to influence the world. Let's do our best to be a positive, godly influence to our surroundings. That way, we will never have to guess what people are thinking when they hear our name.

Daily Journaling Questions:

How did I help someone in kindness today?

What did I learn today?

What am I thankful for?

Who did I love today?

What about today do I want to remember forever?

What am I dreaming for?

What are my goals for tomorrow?

Thank you so much for reading, it means so much to me.

Jake