4. Dads

Triggerwarning! - Do NOT read if you get triggered by drug use, suicidal thoughts, impulsive actions, seeing others having a panic attack or alcoholism

"Fine. But he's going home tonight," I warn.

Micah grins. "Fuck yes!" And he's gone, back to the living room where Aaron is still warming up.

I sigh, watching him enthusiastically talking about something. A snicker sounds from besides me. I look at Aiden, who's grinning and shaking his head, his hands in the pockets of his suit.

I lock my arms around his waist, looking up at him. "What?"

He pecks my forehead. "Nothing. You look hot." I sigh again.

Alright, living with three horny men can be an advantage, but seriously, we've just put on our clothes.

"Hey, where's Sebastian?" I frown. Aiden looks around, as if just realizing our fourth man isn't here. "He was unpacking earlier, maybe he's still in his room."

I nod, untangling from him. His eyes narrow, but one cocked eyebrow from me stops that. I brush past him and leave the kitchen, overhearing Micah talking to the boy in a soft voice.

Huh. This is the first time I see him this relaxed, just talking and laughing. Maybe he should be social more, because he never does.

I go up the stairs, hearing nothing, not even a small sound. That's also unlike him, so I hurry up and knock on his room.

No answer.

I frown. Did he go out without me seeing him? He was fine in the red room an hour ago . . .

So I open the door, seeing the lights are still on. Then I hear sobs, and it's coming from behind the bed.

My eyes shut closed for a second. Oh God, this again.

"Sebastian?" I gently ask, walking around the bed to face him. He's sitting next to the bed, back against it and knees to his chest. I can't see his face, because he's covering it, but I know he's crying.

"Seb, it's okay," I whisper and pull him close. Though he shakes his head, he clings to me. "They're not working," he gasps. "I need more."

His fist flattens into a hand align with his other, filled with white pills. "They have to work," he whispers, his voice desperate. "They need to work."

But I shake my head and close his fist again, then close my own hand around it so he can't take any more. One look in his eyes and I know he's taken enough already.

"Ada," he sobs, closing his eyes. "Then give me a fucking bottle. I need to forget."

I cup the back of his head. Every time he breaks down like this-once every two, three months-it's because of his dad. It's always something about his dad.