54. Nosy

*DOUBLE UPDATE-READ 53 FIRST*

~Two days later

"Aaron Bright is requested at the principal's office. Aaron Bright is requested at the principals office."

Shit.

I knew this was going to come. The father of the two criminals I won my case against is the principal of my college. Of course I'm getting kicked out.

With a worried glance at my friends, who assure me Stansley won't do that, I leave to his office. Man, just when I started having fun here.

I see Theodore walking through the hallways to his next lecture, which he gives instead of follows. Life's unfair. He gives me a grin of acknowledgment. "Yo, dude! I totally forgot to tell you, but me and Whitlock are like best buds right now. He's actually pretty cool."

I raise an eyebrow. "I thought I was your best bud. And what about Alex? He'll be pissed."

His face drops and he curses under his breath. "I have got to stop telling people they're my best friends. Alex's threatened to kill me four times already this week. We're Monday."

I laugh. We part again, and instead of worries clouding my mind, I feel relieved everything went well between the two of them. 

When I arrive at Stansley's office, I'm fine with searching a new college. It's only for a few months anyway.

The doors opens harshly. He's much taller than me, but I'm not intimidated by the way he stares down at me. "Hello, mister Bright. Take a seat, we'll tell you what this is about."

We?

As I walk in the office, I see my boyfriends and girlfriend already seated in the chairs. I try to swallow past the lump in my throat. Did we get caught? Did someone tell Stansley?

With worries taking over the way my brain thinks, I sit down on a chair in between Aiden and Sebastian. They both don't seem themselves, so I don't bother greeting them. It'd be weird for Stansley anyway.

"Hello to you too, mister Bright," Aiden comments, shifting and looking in my surprised eyes. "Good morning, mister Whitlock."

Stansley scoffs. "Not for long anymore, then."

He throws a few documents on his desk. The five of us shift a little to look at them, and it turns out to be evidence of us seen together in more ways than student-teacher.

"We're not in a relationship with our student, Stansley."

I shut everything off after that. I know they say it because it's the best for all of us—but I wonder, when are we ever gonna tell someone about this? When will I finally be someone they're not hiding?

"Mister Bright?"

I look up, my tired eyes trying to focus on the principal. I just want this to stop. Everything.

"Do you confirm what mister Whitlock just told me?" he asks me. I shrug and nod, glancing at Aiden.

"Aaron." Ada's voice slumps my shoulders, calming me. She always has that effect on me.

I sigh and lift my head, knowing she's calling my name because I didn't address him properly.

"Yes, I agree." The words burn on my tongue, burn my throat. I hate them, but they have to be said in order for everyone to be safe.

Micah's eyes lock with mine before I look away. I feel everyone look at me. Stansley with an approving expression, the others with a frown.

Seb coughs. "You know . . . Actually—" I shake my head. He doesn't have to get in trouble because of me. 

Ada reaches for her bag next to her chair, as if ready to leave. I watch her with sadness, not knowing if she's leaving.

"Actually, we are in a relationship with mister Bright."

My eyes widen as I sit up, staring at her in shock. They said they wouldn't do this.

Stansley frowns. "I'm confused, Ada. If you are, then I'm sorry, but I'll have to report this."

She shakes her head. Gives him some papers. "Look at this, Philip. The second our romantic relationship started, mister Bright changed classes. During our relationship, he is not in any of our classes or under our supervision."

I blink, astonished. What in the world is happening?

"This isn't forbidden, Philip. He isn't our student or responsibility. We are in a mature relationship without dominant position over him," I hear Micah chuckle at that and nudge his side, having him quickly shut up, "and he's not a minor."

Stansley slowly raises his eyebrows as he looks from his employees to me. "You're telling me that, of all students, you chose this guy?"

Aiden grunts, not happy with the way our principal said that. "There's nothing wrong with him. He's clever and sweet, and extremely better than your sons. So don't sit here and tell us we have no right to fall in love with him."

Stansley looks at him with his jaw jaw slightly dropped. I don't even dare to look at Aiden right now. He said love. Does that mean he fell in love with me, or that there's a possibility of falling in love in the future?

Either one is good for me. 

Sebastian speaks up. "You can't suspend him for this, Stansley. He's done nothing wrong. He's only a few months away from graduating. If you want to lower my paycheck for this, you can. It wouldn't be deserved, but sure, you can. Just know that we're not going to give him up just because he won against your sons. Who, by the way, deserve to rot in jail."

I gasp and grab his arm, having him smirk at me. Stansley's fists tighten around the desk before he sighs. "I suppose I can't stop you, no. But you can forget that promotion, Ada."

Micah glares and stands up, towering over Stansley. "Fuck you. She's done absolutely nothing. She is the one who thought about how this should work. She has always been the most careful one. She is the one who said Aaron had to change classes for this to work. So don't go telling her she can't get a better treatment. If she doesn't get that promotion next month, I'm fucking visiting your sons in jail and make sure that life sentence is much shorter than you'd have expected."

Stansley pales. "O-okay."

Aiden scoffs, shaking his head as he stands up and takes my hand, pulling me up too. "I am also competing you for the board this summer. We'll see who's principal next year."

I look at him with wide eyes. This is a lot too process in little time.

He smiles and winks at me. "We'll be announcing it publicly now. Tell whoever you want that we're together, baby. Even those nosy friends of yours."