56. Try

Aaron is asleep on my chest, worn out

I'm in my office, grading papers while taking care of him. He has every right to feel tired after such a day like today. Everyone went to him for cheat sheets, but our boy stayed strong and didn't cave.

"Don't even," I warn when there's a knock on the door. The fucker comes in anyway, making me groan in irritation. One moment of peace with my baby, is that too much to ask?

Aaron's little sister, Nina, hops in. She's smiling like crazy, and her smile widens even more at the sight of her brother. I guess that puts my annoyance a little away.

"I knew he would be here! Is he conscious?" she asks, stepping closer with a little hesitance. I turn my body so she can see Aaron's face and the fact that no, he's not conscious.

Her face falls. "Oh. I wanted to ask him something. Maybe you can pass it through to him?"

She sounds so defeated by it, I think I can make an exception. Just this one time, though. Aaron needs his rest.

"Aaron," I whisper. The boy shifts, but stays deep asleep. I nudge him, making him flinch. 

He opens his eyes, slowly, blinking a lot. "Micah, leave me alone," he whimpers. "I'm sleepy. Go fuck Sebastian or something."

I roll my eyes. I'm not that horny.

"Your sister wants to ask you something. Look." I turn my chair so he doesn't have to move to look at her. She shyly smiles. "I'm sorry to wake you, but I have an important question."

Aaron nods, "I'm wide awake. Shoot." I hide my smile in his hair. Always eager to please.

Nina blushes and looks down. "Oh. Uhm. So, I kind of bullied my last roommate, and she was fed up with me. So now I'm alone, but I can't pay the rent by myself. So, I was wondering, do you still need a place to live? We both know your apartment is crappy," she adds.

Interested, I look at her. Aaron's apartment is crappy, and very unsafe too. Anyone could break in with a little perseverance. I hate it, but know he can't afford anything better. Of course he could live with me, but he'd be so overwhelmed with that question that I haven't asked yet.

Aaron blinks and looks from his sister to me. "What do you think?"

I kiss his head again. "I'm on board. Tell me when and where, and I'll even help you move." Nina grins and claps her hands. "Great! In an hour at Aaron's apartment?"

Aaron groans and hugs me closer. "But I need to tell my landlord I'm moving three months before? He'll never let me go."

I chuckle. "You underestimate your boyfriend's power, sweetheart. Let Seb or Ada loose on him and you can move at any time."

He grins. "Ahw. All of you are like cute puppies until me, your owner, get confronted with something. And all of a sudden you're big, intimidating dogs."

I cock an eyebrow. "Excuse you? Who said anything about you being our owner? If all, I could remind you right fucking now who owns you—" "Okay! He gets it!" Nina is mortified.

Aaron and I both are laughing. He yawns and stretches before getting up. "I guess I'll start packing then."

I get off my chair, too. "I'll help you."

***

"Okay. And tell me again why I would do that?"

Sebastian is being a pain in the ass. Like always.

I scowl and throw the bubble plastic at him. "Because Aaron is your baby? Because Aaron is the best thing ever? Oh no, wait, because Aaron is the love of your life?"

He grins, finally starting to work. "Damn right."

Aaron, who's in the doorway with a box, blushes as he passes. Seb winks at him. "Don't overdo yourself, baby. I need you tonight."

Nina scoffs and shakes her finger in his face. "Nope. Nah uh. Tonight is the welcoming party for Aaron, which is in our room. And only one boyfriend, or girlfriend, is welcome. No fucking either."

Aiden looks up in a second. "I'll go." Nina squeals. "Okay! Then that's settled!"

Sebastian turns to his brother in outrage. "I didn't even get to call dibs!"

Aiden grins, smugly, and turns back to his work. Ada grudgingly does too. "I wanted to go . . ."

I nod. "I did too. But Aiden's always been a bastard, so." I flinch when Aiden stands up and comes up behind me. Shielding myself, I wait for his punishment. "I'm sorry! I didn't mean it!"

"Baby, do you want to go?" he asks Ada instead. Slowly, but still suspicious, I let go of my arms above my head. Aiden not hitting me? Weird.

Ada nods, pouting. He gives her a sympathetic look. "Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't know."

"So I can go?"

"No, the fuck."

She gasps and jumps up, chasing him around the apartment. He laughs, hiding away from her. I watch the both of them as they run and duck away. It's surprising how Aiden is so much calmer than he was before Aaron. He shows his emotions so much more and I love it.

Then again, we've all grown around Aaron. He's that amazing.

"Guys," Aaron sighs, shaking his head. "Stop fighting. I invite all of you. It's my party and I can choose my guests."

Nina snaps her head in his direction, frowning. "No! It's fun to see them arguing. And that's taking away the whole thing about tonight. I only bring one boyfriend too!"

Aaron raises an eyebrow. "Oh, so Theodore's your boyfriend already?"

Nina takes a step back in surprise. "Theodore? Who's talking about him? My boyfriend is Adam!"

Oh shit. Aaron's eyes widen. "Oh—oh. Forget I said anything. I was just kidding anyway."

With visible reluctance, Nina lets go of the topic. She goes back to packing Aaron's books, still frowning and pondering over what just happened.

I get on to work too. So Di Scenta has a thing for Aaron's little sister. Interesting.

"Micah. Do not. I can see what you're thinking," Seb warns while he passes by. I give him a sheepish grin. "I'm not thinking about anything."

Aiden nods, agreeing with me. "Yeah, haven't you noticed? He never thinks."

I turn to glare at him, but he's smirking right back at me. "For that one, you should bottom for a week."

He snickers. The bastard actually snickers. "Try."