39. FBI

The woman, who came along with the three dangerous-looking men, hurries over to me

I recognize her to be the mom of Seb, miss Yearwood. She was here too when I woke up after Micah saved me from the snow. "Oh, sweetheart, people are truly horrible!"

Her eyes track every scratch of mine, making her sigh in displeasure. I glance at Aiden, who is rolling his eyes. "Mom, please. He just woke up. Give him a second to adjust, come on."

Wait. Miss Yearwood is also Aiden's mom, which would mean they are brothers by blood. I knew that, but then why does Aiden have the name Whitlock?

He smiles, noticing my confused state. He points at what are, supposedly, his dads. "That one is Asher. The one on the middle is Dominic, but you can call him Nicky. He doesn't mind. And then there's Easton, but don't come too close. He bites. Just look at mom and you'll see."

With wide eyes, I take miss Yearwood in. And oh yes, she has bite marks all over her neck. Her neck, which reddens ans she slaps Aiden's arm. "Aiden! Where are your manners! Shut up!"

I see Seb shudder, the men grin and Aiden laugh. All I can think about though, is how Aiden has no problem with the idea of his parents having sex. I know I would be uncomfortable knowing, even though it's completely normal. I suppose it's just a me problem.

"Alright! While your parents catch up, I'd like to ask Aaron some questions," officer Di Luka tells Aiden. My boyfriend presses another soft kiss to my temple before putting me on the floor. I stumble, ignoring the need to whimper and curl my arms around his neck again.

I miss his warmth around me, and his delicious scent. Not sure it's a perfume, it's just him. 

But I don't react. I don't want to come over as clingy or needy—which I am—and certainly not after I dragged them through torture. It must've been very traumatizing to see me falling.

So I just sit down on the couch, cheeks burning red, and wait for the officer to start the interview. He sits down next to me, pulling a notebook out of his pocket. "Alright. Tell me, what did they do to you? Tell me everything. From the starting point until yesterday."

Shit. That's a lot to remember.

I try to recount everything. From the point with the situation with my dad, to them convincing their dad to get me in his college, the years-long bullying, and finally the incident yesterday. Di Luka keeps nodding and writing, encouraging me to tell him how I feel by all this. It is his job, after all.

"Okay, wait. You grew up in Michigan, just like Silas and Ezra. How is their dad counselor of a college in Ohio?" he asks, putting a hold on writing. Oh, I realize that's not very obvious, no.

"Their mom has a new boyfriend in Michigan, and she got custody until they were eighteen. After, they could choose and chose their dad. The principal."

That seems to do it, seeing he nods and writes that in his notebook, under all my experiences. Then, he counts everything up. "Okay. We've got 89 cases of mental abuse. One of a starting sexual assault, but not to them. Correct?"

I nod, remembering how gross I felt after Michael touched me in the cottage. 

"Then we've got two attempts to first-degree murders. Which should at least be a life sentence, not counting all the others. I think we're pretty safe to say they're not coming out of jail soon enough, Aaron." 

I gape at him. Never in my whole life would I have thought things were this serious, but now I see the notebook . . .

Ada gasps and runs over to me, pulling me to her chest. I can only smile and snuggle even closer, absolutely loving this. "Go! Now! Why wait?"

Di Luka arches a brow. "Ada, you know as well as I do we have to plan this. But I promise, we'll have them in a day. Maybe less. And no, Aiden, you are not coming along."

Aiden, with open mouth and a frustrated frown on his face, grunts. "And why the fuck not? Di Luka, I swear to all gods above—" "Personal investments. Or are you saying you have nothing to do with this boy?"

I look at Aiden, silently. What's he going to say? Admitting in front of your family and friends that I mean something to him? I don't think that's very Aiden-like.

To my surprise, he clenches his jaw and takes a step back, lifting his hands. "Just don't fuck up."

Mumbles start while everyone packs to head to their office. Or not really an office, but maybe a police station? 

In five minutes, everyone has left, except us five and Aiden's parents. I can finally address them properly, so I do. "Hello, miss Yearwood. Misters Yearwood."

They frown. One—I think it's the Easton one— glances at his son. "Does he have any idea who we are?"

I wince. I've only greeted them, how much of a moron am I?

"We're Aiden's parents, sweetheart. Well, Seb's too, but haven't you heard the story?" Their mom asks, gently. Confused, I shake my head. I haven't heard any story.

Micah reaches for my hand. I accept his, both for his and mine sake. He just wants to touch a very popular Aaron, poor him.

"We're not Seb's biological parents," the Dominic man says, "but we are his parents. Just because he is too damn stubborn to change his last name doesn't mean he isn't a part of our family."

He is explaining it to me like I'm some little kid. I frown, getting rid of Micah's hand. I earn a pout, but decide to wait until I've explained myself. So I cross my arms over my chest and stare up in Dominic's eyes.

"I understand that. I'm not blaming any of you, neither am I too stupid to understand. Ask Ada, she's graded my papers. I'm perfectly capable of understanding these things, so don't get mistaken by my size and assume I have the brains of a child."

His eyebrows raise in silent surprise.  He slowly rises and grins at his wife. "Well, I think I know why Aiden's finally chosen someone to open his heart to."