18. Monopoly

"I'm not gonna kiss Aiden," Micah whispers to me

I smile wider. "You kiss him all the time, now do it!" He rolls his eyes but grins, leaning away from me and standing up from the breakfast table.

"Sit your ass back down, Templeton," Aiden grunts, not even looking up. My lips snap shut, my eyes widening. 

"One kiss? Because Aaron asked?" Micah pouts. I shrink back into my chair at the glare Aiden sends me at that.

Oh shit.

I avert my gaze. "No," he grunts, only increasing my bad feeling. "S-sorry, I didn't mean to make you feel forced or something," I whisper, my fingers tightening around my hoodie.

Silence dawns on the room. I cringe at it. God, why do I always manage to make things awkward? I'm the worst.

I silently stand up, keeping my gaze down. "I-um-I'm gonna pack my bag for today," I whisper and turn around.

A hand in my neck yanks me back, stopping me from saving myself. I shut my eyes, trying to stop the flashbacks. Not the right time.

"Please let me go," I whisper to Seb, whose hand is still in my neck. He immediately does. "Right, sorry," he nervously laughs, hiding his hand behind his back.

I want to tell him it's fine but before I can, I notice Aiden move in the corner of my eye. He grabs a surprised Micah and gives him a kiss, then turns to me.

I blink. He smiles. "There you go. I'm sorry, I haven't slept well tonight," he adds, sighing, brushing a hand through his hair. The blue circles around his eyes agree with what he says.

No, but seriously, the blush on my cheeks always betrays me. Like now. I don't have to say anything, but due to my tomato-mode, they know how I feel. Goddamn it.

Ada claps in her hands. "Pack your bags, boys, we're going to another museum today!" Groans fill the room, mine too. Last time I went to a museum did not end well.

Aiden hands over a stack of papers. "Here you go. If you're bored," he winks. The asshole has the nerve to laugh and leave the room.

I turn to the others with open mouth. They're just grinning. "Seems like you've got work to do, babe," Ada smirks. Despite my blush making it obvious I like the name, I attempt to give her a scowl.

Micah stands up and brushes past me to go to his room, but not without ruffling his hand through my hair, messing it up. I groan, trying to put it back flatly.

Seb shrugs, sending me a wink too. "You need any help?" I give him a soft, effortless smile. "I think I can manage."

He leans onto the counter, sipping his mug. "Well, do you want me to help?" 

I give a little shrug, blushing furiously. Seriously. That has to stop.

He smirks and pushes himself off the counter. "Let's go then, little one."