Bonus V

Since a more present Ada was highly requested; here is a bonus chapter showing the love Aiden, Micah and Seb do have for her. Think of it as an anniversary gift, because it's been a year since this book was started!

 Think of it as an anniversary gift, because it's been a year since this book was started!

/ADA/

College is tiring. 

Teaching used to be the best part of my day: socializing with my colleagues, helping students, ... all of it were things I enjoyed the most. Catching glimpses of Aaron, Aiden, Micah and Seb wasn't that bad either. 

But no one told me how I would grow tired of it once I was pregnant. Teaching while standing up, walking around the class to make sure everyone understands ... it's getting harder and harder every week. 

And since Aaron is on a trip with his friends to Berlin right now, and will be for the next two weeks, the house is kind of silent. Aiden works long hours as a principal, and by the time he gets home, I've fallen asleep in front of the couch. Seb and Micah have turned to each other without the possibility of smothering their baby with kisses the second they're bother. When I finally wake up after a much needed nap after work, they're usually already in bed. And not to sleep. 

And still ... still, I like it. Aaron is great and absolutely one of the best people in my life, and I couldn't go without him even if I had to, but sometimes some quality time with the others is nice, too. It's been a while since it was just the four of us. 

When the traffic finally clears up, I can drive home a little faster than normal. It's Friday, which means Aiden should be home even earlier than me. Friday nights are our movie nights and, with or without Aaron, I pushed on keeping that tradition going. 

I am about to get out of my car, as gracefully as I can while I'm pregnant, when I get a text. Momentarily, I think it might be a mail from one of my students, asking for extra credits or help, but surprisingly, it's not. 

Babe #1: Stay. I'll come and get you. 

A sweet proposal from Aiden. The miracles haven't left the world yet, apparently. Oh, he can be gentle and kind and loving, but this is extreme. Usually, it's Seb or Micah coming up to help me while Aiden waters the flowers he got me. 

"Here she is," I hear his voice only seconds later. My phone isn't even back in my purse yet. He leans down against the car and gives me a short kiss, as a way of welcoming me home. "My beautiful wife." 

"What has gotten into you?" I laugh, pleasantly surprised by his lightheartedness this evening. You would almost think he isn't a grump. 

"Just happy to see you," he murmurs against my lips as he presses another kiss to them. And then, without much effort, he lifts me up. One of his arms underneath my knees, the other resting on my back. 

"I cooked pasta for us," he tells me as he carries me inside. One of my flats falls off my feet, but he doesn't acknowledge it. "Parmigiana."

Oh. He's been home for a while, then. "I'm hoping there's a good wine to accompany it?"

The draconian look in his eyes makes its return. Usually, it's only directed when someone really pisses him off. You do not want to be around him when his eyes go gray and his brows furrow inwards. Oh no

"Adaline Jamie, you're pregnant," he tells me in a way as if scolding me. As if I don't know. Because I absolutely don't waggle around like a penguin with constipation problems. 

"A glass doesn't hurt," I tell him on my part, "my mom regularly drank Sangria during her pregnancy and I turned out to be fine." 

Now that he has an open opportunity to tease me, the stern look quickly turns into a smirk. "Did you, though?"

"I hate you," I tell him flatly, before struggling out of his arms. Music is heard from the backyard, so I head there. And I'm surprised by the sight of Sebastian and Micah on a lit terrace, with a barbecue next to them and two glasses of wine in their hands. 

"You love me," Aiden corrects from behind me. I don't pay attention and instead limp to the table. My flat is indeed still missing.

Micah and Seb look up from their books with a smile. They're dressed in losse, white shirts with shorts. Perfect for this surprise summer barbecue. 

A satisfied groan escapes my lips when I sit down on the chair next to Seb. I am exhausted, but the warm sun on my skin is wonderful. And the sweet kisses he plants on my neck are helping, too. 

Being gentle about it, he repositions my body so my feet are in his lap. Since one of them is bare, he only needs to remove the flats from my other. I sigh in comfort. It's crazy how much your body changes when you're pregnant, starting from how swollen my feet are. 

Sebastian starts massaging them while talking to Aiden and Micah about a rally this weekend. I know they'll want to go, and as long as there's food, I'm in. 

I startle for a moment when I feel hands on my shoulders, but when they start kneading the tense skin there, I relax in my seat again. Aiden has placed his chair behind mine so he can massage my neck. 

His rubbing hands sometimes make place for little kisses. They give me shivers, but more important, a smile on my face. 

"Do you want a glass, sweetheart?" Micah asks me. I open one of my closed eyes—the sun is quite intense to look at— and grin at him. "Yes, please. I've been dying."

"You had one yesterday," Aiden comments. I reach behind me and shove a hand in his face. "Shut up."

Aiden laughs, shakes his head and goes on kneading my muscles. The sun is most definitely increasing his mood. 

"A small glass, then," he gives in, as if I wouldn't drink one if he said no. "Because I know you love it so much."

With a wink, Micah gives me my well deserved glass of wine. One sip has me almost moaning. Wine is life. It doesn't matter if I have one or three glasses—I'm content with a sip only, really. 

"You look like you're in love," Seb teases. Once again, I open my eyes to look at his handsome face. "You wish I look at you like that, huh?"

His smile doesn't falter. "Oh, but love, you do."

Yes, my mom drank Sangria when she was preggo with me

Yes, my mom drank Sangria when she was preggo with me. No, I did not turn out okay😭