10. Safe

**IF YOU HAVEN'T READ CHAPTER 9, GO BACK AND READ THAT ONE FIRST**

I nod at Aiden.

His jaw tightens. With new determination, he knocks on the door of Aaron Bright's cottage. 

We're not letting go of his little bullies. They sent mails with Aaron's account, plus other things, so we're here to talk and see what we can do.

A boy opens. He's frowning, a wary look on his face. He seems ready to run, which is not a good sign. "Hello, which one are you?" Aiden asks. For once, he's almost polite.

The boy gulps. "I'm Michael, sir. But everything's alright, so you can move to the next house." When he starts to close the door, I push my foot between it, so he can't.

"We'll decide if everything's okay. Can we come in? Yeah? Great." I start to move past him, but he pushes me back. 

"We, ah, actually, one of us is sick, so it's better if you return again later." He seems nervous, but he really wants us gone.

"Who's sick?" Aiden cocks an eyebrow. Michael's eyes avert. "Aaron is, sir. Aaron Bright. I think he stole something, since he doesn't have any money, and it must have been outdated."

I blink. That's bullshit.

"Now let us in, maybe we can help," Aiden says through gritted teeth. But the door's already closed in front of our noses.

I turn to Aiden. "This isn't right." His hands tighten into fists at his sides. "The hell it isn't. He just closed the fucking door in front of us!"

I lay a hand on his arm. "No, I mean that I can feel something isn't right about this situation. First of all, why would he lie about Aaron stealing food?"

He's scowling harder, now, too. "We both know he wouldn't do that," he grunts. I nod. Aaron might be completely bullied to the point he has no self worth, he'd never do anything illegal.

His bullies, though. Multiple illegal things, and Aaron thinks they're all okay. But they're not, and that's why we're fucking here.

I nod at him again. With his FBI training, Aiden can easily get doors down. That's not needed now, but it comes in handy sometimes.

Within seconds, the door is open. Only open, seeing we'd have to pay for it otherwise. Two boys, of which one is Michael, startle away from a doorway of some room. 

"What—" Michael mutters, but I'm already pushing him aside to look in the room. The other boy tries to stop me too, but I'm stronger than him.

I look in the room and— what the fuck. Stansley's sons are squeezing the air out of Aaron, with a blindfold too and his hands tied to to his back. 

A weird sounds is coming from Aaron, though he looks unconscious. "Wha—get off him!" I yell, startling both of them. They release the poor boy, who slumps on the floor.