53. Lawyer*

"I'm so fucking nervous it's not even funny anymore

"I'm so fucking nervous it's not even funny anymore."

Ada squeezes my hand. "I know, baby. I know. But you'll do great."

I start biting my nails, sitting down in between her and Micah. But sitting down gives me even more anxiety, so I jump up again and start walking around. 

"Okay, sweetheart, take a deep breath," Seb tells me. He opens his arm for me, indicating I have to come sit on his lap. I try to do as he says, but my lungs don't agree.

He stands up and steps toward me, picking me up so I can wrap my much smaller body around his. And even though I tried so well to keep them in, a desperate sob leaves me mouth.

One hand of his cradles the back of my head, pushing my face in his chest and hiding me from everyone else. "Sh, it's okay, baby. They can't hurt you. They'll be on the other side of the room, with handcuffs and guards. You're safe, okay?"

I nod, wiping my barely shed tears away. I'm not going to cry like a baby. I'm not.

"Why can't I have a guard? Why don't I have a lawyer? Should we have gotten a lawyer? What if there's no good evidence? Does one of you graduate as a lawyer, by any chance?"

Micah slowly raises his hands. Ada quickly pushes it back down. My hopes are already up, of course. "Micah? You graduated as a lawyer? Can you be mine?"

He gives a little shrug. "I could, but it's illegal to fuck my clients. So no, I can't."

My face drops. I'm not giving him up to win this case, though. I cuddle back into Seb's arms. "Then what are we going to do? What if they lie and get free?"

Ada stands up and ends up next to Seb, brushing my hair in a soothing way. "If they lie, you just call them out. You just tell judge your story, show the bruises on your stomach, ask Seb to show his, and you show the videos. There are enough witnesses of their cruelty. Oh, and you do have a bodyguard. Remember Michael?"

Out of nothing, Micah appears. He gives me a grin. "Hello, Aaron. I hope you're not too nervous, because you shouldn't be. You win this with your eyes closed and fingers up your nose."

I blush. "T-thank you."

Aiden come sup next to him, cocking his head when he sees me. "Hey, baby. Are you panicking?"

I give an embarrassed nod, dropping my eyes to the floor. He makes a noise with his tongue, shakes his head and steals me from Sebastian. "Come on, let's do a walk around the building to clear your head. It'll help."

Relieved that he's not mad, I nod and jump out of his arms to walk next to him. With a wave to the others, I follow him to the door. 

But instead of taking the big entrance doors outside, he takes the door on the left. Sighing, because he's so dumb, I roll my eyes and go after him to correct his mistake.