Epilogue

One year later

One year later

Dear professors of Ohio State University, with this I invite you all to the picnic on July 6th. Feel free to bring your significant other(s)

Your principal, mister Whitlock

I grow irritated as I fumble with my sleeves. How the fuck am I supposed to put it nicely when clearly, it hates me.

Micah chuckles and comes to my rescue, his eyes shining with his love for me. The past year, it's only intensified and I can tell from the happy twinkle in his eyes alone.

He kisses my temple when he's done. "There you go, sweetheart. Are you ready to go?"

I nod, giving him a soft peck on the lips. "I am. Are you, or do you need another pep talk?"

He glares at me, but it's in a mocking way. I grin. "It's not because you are working as a therapist that I need pep talks all of the time. But yes," he sighs, "I could use one."

"Well," I start off, "You're going to do great! I know you hate most of your colleagues . . . Well, almost everyone, but that's besides the point! Just stay at my side and turn away from people at any time. You don't need to interact with them. This is an event for you to enjoy. And yes, if you're nice to five people, you can fuck me in the car."

That makes him smirk. "Five people?"

I snicker. "Not just say hi, and no one from our house. If you can have a conversation with five different people who don't live with you, then our deal comes true."

He pouts. "But I hate everyone else! You don't know how hard it is to talk to someone and not hit them in the face with a chair!"

That puts a smile on my face. "Oh, I understand very well. But you have to try your best. Aiden can't excuse everything about your attitude and if you don't fix your demeanor to your colleagues, you'll lose your job."

He frowns. Micah is unaware of it, but the past your was hard for anyone who had to work with him. He seems to dislike everyone except me, Sebastian, Ada and Aiden. He does however tolerate my sister and friends, but that's it. 

He's just a grump.

I take his hand in mine and lead him to the car, where Seb si already behind the wheel. He gives me a smile and a bored looking Micah a roll of his eyes. "Does he ever smile?"

"I smile when I think about murdering you," Micah sweetly tells him. I blow out a deep sigh. So this is one of his bad days. 

Ada joins Seb in the front, and we take off. Since Aiden won against Stansley for the election of being principal, he's a very busy man. Understandable, of course, but that's mainly the reason why Micah is so grumpy. He just misses his babe.

I think he's doing great at his job. The college has been renovated nicely, with more nature and more possibilities for students to meet others and study. Everyone who follows his course is also pleasantly surprised, because he's gotten loser in grading his papers and less strict in the classroom.