How Could You?

Emily's POV

"Em, babe. I.. I'm late" I hear Alison say softly.

I didn't know what to think. It was as if my whole life flashed before my eyes. I could literally feel as all the color in my face drained and the room starting to spin.

I knew I was in love with Alison and I would do anything for her, but this? This was just too much for me at the moment.

Before I knew it, everything went black as I felt my body collapse forward onto the floor.

*****

Hours later I wake up in Alison's empty room on the bed, confused. What in the world happened and how did I get here?

But before I could even get out of her bed, the previous memories came rushing back into my mind.

Unfortunately my first reaction is to start breathing frantically. I run to the bathroom and splash my face with cold water.

How could this have happened? I thought we were cautious enough to take the after precautions from that one time.

I guess that's when Ali heard I was awake because next thing I know, I hear loud footsteps up the stairs followed by an Alison in sight.

"Ali how come you didn't tell me earlier?"

"I didn't know. I told you, I lost track of the days"

"It still doesn't make sense though. How could this have happened? We were always so careful. It was just one little slip up, and you took those pills. How could this have happened?" I ask scared senseless.

"R-right" she stutters. But the question is why? She only does that when she's scared or lying. Unless..

"Ali?"

"Yeah Em?"

"You did take those pills the day after, right?"

"Um well.."

"Oh my god! You didn't take them did you!?" I say raising my voice.

"Em lower your voice. The girls will hear you and I don't think you want them knowing about your.. you know?

"I can't believe you would do this to me Alison! What in the world were you thinking!?"

"I- I don't know. I wasn't thinking okay. I didnt want the town thinking I was a whore so I didn't get those pills"

"So you fucked us over all because you didn't want to damage your reputation?"

"Im sorry babe. I didn't mean it. I didn't think it would matter"

"You didn't think getting fucking pregnant would matter? Are you even hearing yourself talk right now?"

"That's not what I meant and you know it!"

"I still can't believe you Alison! You just ruined my life!"

"Your life? What about mine? You're not the one that's going to have to walk around with a fucking human growing inside you while everyone points and judges you"

"Well non of this would have happened in the first place if you hadn't used me for sex just to keep my secret quiet!"

"I can't believe you just said that. And after everything too" Alison says in a shaken voice as tears stream down her cheeks.

"Yeah well I never would have thought you'd be selfish enough to do something like this"

"Really Em? So you're really telling me that you never thought I'd do something like this. Not even knowing what kind of person I was in the beginning?"

"Well back then I would. But now that I know you, I can't see it"

"Em just look at me. We'll get through this. I promise everything will be okay. We both love each other" she says with pleading eyes.

"Yeah well I'm not so sure about that anymore" I reply, crossing my arms over my chest.

"What's that supposed to mean?" she asks, furrowing her eyebrows.

"I don't know if I can be with someone who would lie to me like this"

"Em don't do this. It was just one little mistake. I promise I'll never lie to you again"

"Alison this wasn't just a little lie. This is a life changing moment! Do you have any idea how bad this will fuck up our lives? We can't even have a relationship based on trust anymore. Without trust, there's no foundation!"

Instead of saying anything, Ali just cries into her palms. I know I should feel bad, but I can't. She really broke my trust.

"I'm sorry Alison" I say not knowing that I already made a decision on something that I didn't even know existed until now.

"Wh-what a-are you sa-saying?" she stutters finally looking me in the eyes again.

"I don't think I can be with someone who would lie and betray my trust this badly"

"Wh-what? Are you really breaking up with me?"

"Sorry Ali" I say before getting up and walking towards the door.

"Emily wait! You can't leave me like this" she says with a shaken voice.

"I'll still be around. I promised you that I would be there for you and the baby. I... I just.. I just can't be with you anymore. I'm sorry Alison"
_____________________________________

Soo.. How many of you guys saw that one coming?
Hahaha don't kill me though. I have plans for Emison.