Forgive and Forget?

(6 Weeks Later)

Alison's POV

It's been weeks and things at the Fields' home have only gotten stranger, if that was even possible.

Right when I though Emily and I were getting on the right path to becoming decent friends at least, she backed off completely. She became extremely distant and hardly said anything at all whenever she was home. At first I thought that it was only towards me, but the day her mother asked me if I knew what was wrong with her I knew that something was really bothering her.

If that wasn't weird enough, I haven't seen or heard anything about Em's girlfriend in over s month either. Did they have a nasty fight and that's what was causing the woman I love to seem so distant and sad all the time now?

As much as it kills me to see the brunette hurting emotionally, I can't help but feel hurt too because she's sad over someone other then me.  I guess she is really over me and the possibility of having our child around her is no longer remotely possible.

And even though the last thing I want is to see my love with someone other then me, I'm still willing to put my own happiness aside to make sure she's happy. But first things first, I have to check and see how my child is doing before I decide on my next move towards Emily. I'll either have to let her go and let her be happy on her own or continue to try to get one last chance to make this work between us.

As I was getting my stuff together for my doctors appointment that was scheduled in the next hour, I began to hear the sounds of footsteps pacing outside my bedroom door. What the hell was going on?

Right when I walked up to the door and opened it, I was met with a startled Emily with her fist up mid air. It looked as if she was about to knock on my door. But why?

Truthfully, I was just as surprised as she was at that instance. Especially since she wouldn't even look me in the eye, let alone in my direction earlier that exact same day or all month actually now that I really think about it.

"Did you need something?" I ask after a few awkward seconds of just silence.

"Um... uh.. I was wondering.." she stumbles over what she's trying to say.

"Yeah?"

"Can I go with you to your doctors thingy today?"

"You want to go to my ultrasound appointment, with me?" I ask genuinely confused.

"Uh.. ye-yeah. I mean if that's okay?" the tanned woman before me stutters as she plays with the back of her neck in an uncomfortable motion.

"No, yeah I'm fine with it. I'm just surprised you even want to go"

"Y-you are?"

"Well yeah. First you ignore me for weeks and now you want to come with me to my baby appointment. Sometimes I just don't understand you Emily" I respond.

"So does that mean I can't go.. or?" she questions completely ignoring my answer to her question.

"Yeah, I guess you can come with me"

*****

The drive to the clinic was awkward to say the least. We were both so quiet and Emily never took her eyes off the road once while driving. But the strangest part was that she was driving well below the speed limit and being extra cautious as if she's was paranoid about getting hit while on the road.