What Happened Last Night?

Emily's POV

I woke up to the burning sensation of the sunrise in my eyes. At first, it took me a few moments to adjust to the bright light and also realize that I was in Alison's bed. I must have fallen asleep while waiting for her to return back last night.

Unfortunately as I turn to her usual side of the bed, I noticed that she wasn't there. Did she even come home last night?

Oh well. Whatever, I guess. I'll just get ready and head home instead. If she doesn't want to spend time with me then I'll just leave because I'm not about to be anybody's second choice, not even for my own girlfriend.

It was almost an hour later when I was showered, dressed and finally on my way back downstairs. That was until I noticed Alison trying to sneak into her own house. I guess I was right after all in the fact that she never came home, like she said she would.

But if that wasn't bad enough, her hair was a complete mess and I was even able to notice that her shirt was on inside out from a distance away. Go fucking figure!

"Ali?" I spoke sternly only to get a horrified expression on her face in return.

"Em? I thought you were still sleeping? D-did I wake you up?" she managed to gasp out after a few moments of silence.

"Well I did say I was going to wait up for you until you came back home" I somewhat lied.

"I-I'm sorry babe. I uh.. Lost track of the time"

Is that seriously the best she could do? "It's fine. I'm just going to go home. Have fun doing whatever it is you're going to do today" I reply trying to walk past her. To my dismay, she grabbed me forcefully by my wrist and spun me around until I was finally facing her.

"Are you mad at me?"

"No. Why would you say that?" I answered somewhat honestly and sarcastically at the same time.

"Then why are you leaving me alone today? I thought we were going to do something today since you had to work yesterday?"

"Well we did last night too, but you decided to ditch me for another one of your friends instead. So I figured you wouldn't mind if I went out with one of my friends today instead" I spat out as I folded my arms across my chest.

The expression on her face was priceless to say the least. She knew she just got busted. Still I decided to give her the benefit of the doubt and think that this was just another horrible misunderstanding, since we've been having a lot of those recently.

"You.. you're not serious are you?"

"Well yeah I am"

"But-"

"Look Ali I'm already running late as it is. I gotta go" I lied this time. Truth was I didn't want to be near her because I knew I would start thinking the worst possible things imaginable.

"I'll come with you then" she automatically responds before I could even make a move or say another word.

"Um.. no offense but no"

"What!? Why not?" she asks with a slight crack in her voice.

"I don't want to be mean but you smell like alcohol and your clothes aren't even properly on. You look like you just got mauled by a bear and I don't know if that's the best way to go out" I tried saying as nicely as possible to hide how disappointed I was with her at the moment.

Ali didn't even bother to respond this time. Instead she lowered her head and allowed the tears to run freely. Yeah now I'm sure she realized I'm not going to let her be the dominant one in this relationship and take all her bullshit whenever she pleased.