Torn

<3 Weeks Later>

Alison's POV (4 months along)

I've been living with Emily and her mom for almost a month now and all I can say is that I'm finally starting to get happy once again.

Things have finally been going back to the way how they originally were when we were dating, well minus all of the cuddling, making out, sex and any kind of physical contact of course.

But I must say, the best part is that Emily's so called girlfriend isn't around as much. I have no idea if they got into a fight that day she came home early or what, but I'm glad that whatever happened happened because now I get to spend more time with her to try and win my woman back. I just hope that by some miracle I manage to accomplish this before our baby arrives.

"Here you go" I say placing a plate of food on Emily's desk inside her room.

"You do know that I was joking about that whole sandwich meal thing, right?" she laughs.

"Oh I know. But I'm still not taking any chances" I say joining in on her laughing while on my way out of her bedroom.

"Oh hey.. Before you go, do you think you can help me with this one question? I mean I know you're not in school anymore but I just can't figure it out and I thought you might know" she so quickly asks me before I can fully exist the room.

"Uh ye-yeah I guess I can give it a shot" I stutter. I know Emily and I are back on speaking terms but it's never been for this long. It's always been for a couple hours at most and only when we were both bored watching tv together or one of us ran into the other somewhere in the house. So to say that I was surprised that she's taking the initiative to prolonging the conversation for longer then needed would be a complete understatement.

"Okay so this is where I get lost. What am I supposed to do after I divide this?" the tanned beauty speaks out, bringing me out of my train of thoughts.

"An Asian that can't do math. Hmm never thought I'd see the day" I joke in hopes of easing the tension.

"Ha-Ha very funny Alison.  You know if I were you, I'd watch what I say. Just because you're having my kid doesn't mean I still can't get you back, you know" Emily says smoothly without realizing what she just said. Well at least not until a few moments later when her eyes suddenly widened with complete and utter shock.

"Fuck! Oh shit. Ali.. I.. You.. I didn't... fucking dammit!" she stumbles over what to say.

"It's okay Em.  I know that you didn't mean it. Let's just forget it and go back to your homework, yeah?" I say simply avoiding the deep pain in my heart as I spoke those very words. No matter how much I wished that she'd believe me, I knew she never would. At least not with her girlfriend still in the picture.

Emily's POV

I can't believe I just fucking let that slip out. How stupid could I have been? Since for all I know the kid could still not be mine. But I must admit, having Alison around my house looking all cute and pregnant really makes me hope that it is.

I know I should be concerned at the fact that just a month ago I was dreading it ever being mine, but maybe I had it all wrong. Maybe the only reason I was thinking that was because of my girlfriend.