Kasumi's Past (5): Assembly Hall

When we left the carriage, we noticed 4 other carriages in front of Harimogura Palace, just like how our carriage was. The carriages had a crest representing the family they came from.

The first carriage had a gold and brown crest which had a bear claw, which represented the Kuma Family. The second carriage had a black and white crest with a cat's paw, which represented the Neko Family. The third carriage had a blue and white crest with a  white bunny, which represented the Usagi Family. The last carriage had a black and silver crest with a wolf's head, which represented the Fenriru Family.

"I guess we aren't late, but at the same time, we aren't too early, so that's good". Alastair said with a relieved expression, since if they were late, then it would be bad for the Kitsunezaki Families' reputation as one of the 7 primordial families. 

"That's true, but thanks for driving us, Alastair". Kiyomi said with a genuine smile.

"No need to thank me my Queen, it is the job of a servant to serve my Queen". Alastair said with a pleased smile.

After talking for a bit, a man came out of the palace. He had a very muscular physique and pointed green ears and short black hair, with yellowish gold eyes with a slit replacing the pupil. His upper half was human with a black and white servant suit , but his lower half was of a black scaled snake, which made him stand at  213 centimeters tall.

"Queen Kitsunezaki and Princess Kitsunezaki, I am Lucious, a servant of the Harimogura Family. I'll be leading you into the assembly hall". A servant said with a smile, while gesturing to us to follow him.

"Thank you". Kiyomi said with a smile, while following behind him.

"No need to thank me, this is my duty". Lucious said with a forced smile.

The exterior of the palace had black stone walls with high towers with small dark green windows, allowing light to pass into the palace.

We then entered the place which was mostly made out of black and empress green stone walls with green-colored torches, which lit up the pathway ahead of us.

We walked through the palace hallways for a few more minutes until we reached a room, which seemed to be the assembly hall.

The room was black and green, but this time it was brighter inside the room, which allowed us to see clearly. There was a table with 21 chairs around the wooden table with each crest, allowing everyone to know where each family was seated.

We soon got seated at where the white and red fox's head was in the middle of the crest, and began waiting like the rest of the families who were seated around the table like we were.

"Mother, why is this palace so gloomy?" I asked with a curious expression.

"It's because echidnas like being in dark areas more than light, but they can still be in either one. It's just their preference". Kiyomi said with a smile.

"Makes sense, I guess, but this place gives me an eerie feeling for some reason, somewhat similar to what I felt earlier". I said with a worried expression.

"This palace has always been releasing that eerie feeling which we questioned the Harimogura Family about, but they just didn't give us an answer and looked like they wouldn't be doing so for a while, so we gave up asking for the answer, since it could cause some conflict between us". Kiyomi said with a serious expression.

"Oh". I said with a little surprise.

"Well, anyway, no point dwelling on something we most likely won't be able to find out". Kiyomi hugging my shoulder.

"True". I said while laying my head on my mother's shoulder with a cheerful smile.

A few minutes passed, while everyone was talking to each other or with their own family. The Māmeido Family arrived.

The woman who seemed to be the Queen of the Mermaids had an average height and slender figure with a medium-sized bosom, she wore a white and blue dress. She had ocean blue hair that flowed down to her just below her waist, a beautiful face, blue earfins, a slender neck, and bright green-colored eyes.

There was a girl around my age with a delicate figure, a flat chest, she had blue earfins and ocean blue hair going down to her butt, bright blue-colored eyes, wearing a white and blue one-piece knee-high dress.

To the right of the girl was a man who had a slightly muscular physique, he wore a white and blue T-shirt. He had short dark blue hair, a handsome face, blue earrings, and green eyes that glimmered with brightness.

They got themselves seated at the crest, which was blue and white with a blue water wave in the middle.

Since all the other families were seated, the Harimogura Family slithered into the assembly hall.

The tall woman who seemed to be the Queen of Echidna had a slender figure with a large bosom, she wore a black bra, as for her lower half it was a black and green scaled serpentine body. She had dark green hair that flowed down to her waist, a beautiful face, green pointed ears, a slender neck, and gold eyes with a vertical slit pupil that showed calmness.

Her daughter looked similar to her mother. The only differences were that her bosom was small and she had a delicate figure.

The man had a muscular physique, he had no shirt exposing his masculinity, as for his lower half he was black and green scaled serpentine body. He had short green hair, hatched face, green pointer ears, and gold eyes with a vertical slit pupil that showed confidence and anger.

They sat where the green and black crest of a snake's head was and began preparing to start their meeting.

"Since everyone is here, guess we'll start the meeting now". Harimogura Ozara said with a smile, while gesturing the servants to go prepare some food to serve to the guests.

Everyone agreed to start the meaning, so it began shortly after the servants served the food to the guests, which only took a few minutes since most of the food was prepared ahead of time.