Raiding (1)

"Press your hand against the magic terminal again for a few seconds, but this time there won't be any pain, since it was adding the balance column to your system previously, so you can receive your gold, nya." Solra said with a smile as I nodded.

"Alright." I followed her instructions and held my hand against the magic terminal for a few seconds before withdrawing my hand and checking my balance.

[Balance: 1 Platinum, 410 Gold, 760, Silver, 0 Bronze]

After checking my balance, a frown appeared on my face as I was about to ask something.

"I gave you half, and Kasumi will get the other half, nya." As she instructed Kasumi to press her hand against the terminal, Solra said.

"That makes sense." I said As I nodded in accord.

Kasumi then pressed her hand against it and went through the same motions that I did while checking her balance.

"Instead of going to the Hunters Union, your balance should rise with each kill, depending on the tier of monster you kill, nya." Solra said with a smile.

"That will undoubtedly save time." Kasumi said with a raised eyebrow.

Yes, but it will also reduce the number of hunters entering the Union; nevertheless, the Slayer Union is working on something else, which I'm not sure about; anyway, have a nice day, nya." Solra said as she collected all of the monster parts and stored them in a storage bracelet.

"Thanks." Kasumi exclaimed as she grabbed my hand as we walked out of the room.

We left the Hunters Union shortly after exiting the room and began strolling through the streets, which were mostly vacant as night fell.

"Would you like to go deal with the gang now?" With a titled head, I inquired of Kasumi.

"Sure." Kasumi agreed with a nod.

"Did you locate the gang's hideout?" I inquired since I was aware that she had read Rue's memories.

"I know where one entry is, but I don't know where the others are." Kasumi replied, a solemn smile on her face.

"All right," I said as we started walking to the first entrance.

We exited the East gate after a few minutes of strolling and headed south east to the gang hideout's first entrance.

...

We arrived at the first entrance, which was guarded by two men in the Low Gold Tier, 30 minutes later, when it was fully dark and there was no moon.

I took a step forward and reappeared next to the two guards, holding two blood daggers coated in chaos that I thrust into one of the guards' vitals, quickly killing him.

While the other guard was surprised, I killed him before he could alert the other members of the gang.

"Did you figure out how many entrances there are?" Kasumi looked to be searching the hideout as I inquired.

"Yeah there is 5 with 4 of them being north, east, south, and west, and the fifth one is 5 kilometers south of here." Kasumi said as she summoned her two katanas.

"I'll enter the 5th entrance, since I can get there quickly, while you deal with the other 3, so we can attack from two different entrances without them being able to escape from other entrances." I said with a grin.

"Alright." Kasumi said as she dashed forward towards the west entrance.

I took a step forward and appeared at a distance of a few hundred meters before taking another and another.

...

I quickly arrived at the 5th entrance, which must've served as their escape route due to its well-hidden placement, but it wasn't enough to escape my perception.

I immediately located a way in before swiftly destroying the entrance while checking for any traps, which were not hard to locate and deactivate.

I proceeded down the corridor searching for gang members and traps, but there were none, so I took a step forward and appeared a few hundred meters away before taking another step and another.

...

I quickly approached another door without seeing any gang members, but I did discover several traps, which I disarmed before bashing the door down.

*Booooom!

As I suspected Kasumi had already engaged, an explosion occurred above ground, and I took another step forward, destroying the escape route's entrance and appearing on the main floor in a vast chamber.

I activated [Shadow Stealth] and [Shadow Dive] before entering the shadow world in search of gang members.

I soon discovered a group of four running towards the east entrance, so I exited the shadow world and slashed two of the four's necks with my two chaos blood daggers, while constructing a chaos spike that punctured the other two's hearts.

*Pff! pff! pfff! pffff!

[Passive Skill Gained - Shadow Swimming]

Allows the user to effortlessly travel through the shadows/shadow world.

"So I finally gained that skill." I thought as I re-entered the shadow world and travelled through it at a much faster pace.

I soon located my next opponent, who was also rushing to assist the front-line forces fighting Kasumi, so I crept out of the shadows and stabbed two gang members in the necks while constructing three chaos spikes aimed for the other three's hearts.

*Pff! pff! pfff! pffff!

*Clang!

One managed to parry the chaos spike aimed at his heart, so I took a step forward and kneed his spine from behind.

*Crack!

"Guhhhh!

He screamed in pain, which I swiftly silenced by slashing his neck, killing him in seconds as my blood dagger devoured his blood, shriveling up his corpse till it was dry.

*Thud!

As I reentered the shadow world, his body hit the ground, and I rapidly moved through it until I came upon my next opponent, who appeared to be attempting to flee with two other gang members.

"So even with such as large gang, they' still have some who try to run away." I said as I emerged through the shadow world, while slashing at his feet.

*Pfff!

"Ahhh...who just cut off of legs." The gang member yelled in panic.

I appeared next to him and slashed his throat while creating two spikes for the other two gang members' heads.

[Gang Members killed (120/1000)]