Kasumi's Past (13): Interference Before Death

I used short-ranged teleportation and appeared behind her while slashing my two katanas at her, but she dodged by ducking and slashed her short sword towards my calf.

*Clangg!!

I was able to flip my katana in my right hand into a reverse grip, which blocked the short-sword from hitting its target, while also using my katana in my other hand to slash at her neck.

*Pfff!!

She was able to prevent my slash from cutting off her head, but wasn't fully able to dodge the slash in time, so she lost an arm and now had a deep wound in her lower rib cage, which also broke some of her ribs.

She groaned in pain, but soon her broken ribs began to move and connect themselves back together until they were back to normal. Once her ribs were fully restored, her deep wound began to heal by threads of skin and tissue connecting to each other and expanding until it was fully restored.

Threads of skin and tissue grabbed the severed arm and put it into place before reconnecting the arm. This process seemed like it took a while, but in truth it only happened in a matter of seconds.

"Even in your critical state, you are still able to wound me this severely, but it is still pointless since you will die in the end. It is just a matter of how long you can last until your completely out of strength, stamina, and agility". Astrisa said with a grin while slashing a dagger in her left hand and her short-sword in her right hand at me, with the dagger aiming for my temple and with the short-sword aiming for my leg.

*Whack!!

*Clangg!!

I blocked the dagger with my arm and blocked the short-sword with one of my katanas. With my hand near her, I cast Fox-Fire Magic, but this time I used my purest form of the Light Element, which is the element vampires and demons are naturally born weak to.

*Pfff!!

She was hit in the abdomen without any chance to dodge or block, since it was at point-blank range.

*Hissss!!

her passive regeneration ability kicked in, but it was to no avail, since she is extremely weak against light-based attacks such as my attack, leaving her regeneration ability to become useless against it. Her abdomen had a deep wound with a bluish white flame flaring across the whole wound, making sure it wasn't being regenerated, as well as expanding the wound.

*Aaargh!!

She groaned in pain and froze in shock, since she realized she was too arrogant about having the regeneration ability. She completely fell into ignorance of the fact her race, including the healing factor, had one huge weakness, which is that they are incredibly weak towards the light element.

I teleported behind her and used the chance when she was surprised and infused my katanas with the light element and slashed at her calf and spine.

*Clangg!!

*Pfff!!

She was able to block one of my katanas with her dagger, but was unable to completely block the other one, causing her to try to dodge, but wasn't able to completely dodge, leaving her with a wound on her calf, which wasn't able to cripple her leg, but slowed her down a bit.

*Aaargh!!

She groaned in pain and teleported 5 meters away from me with her hand on her abdomen, trying to suppress the bluish white flame from expanding the wound any further.

"I guess I underestimated you even when I was overestimating you in my mind, but even if I die, you'll die as well, since no one here is able to dispel the black aura". Astrisa said with a pained expression.

"At least I'll be able to kill you before I die". I shouted out with a pained expression.

With my regenerative fire being consumed by the black aura causing me not to be able to regenerate my wounds and Astrisa's wounds being unable to regenerate because of the light-fire, we now had nearly zero percent chance of surviving these fatal wounds.

We still continued to fight, since we would both die in the end. A similar situation happened with Goro and Aimi, but I wasn't paying much attention to them, since we were focused on our fight more than theirs.

After a few hours of fighting, we were now lying on the battlefield in craters created by being flung into them, while being on the verge of death, barely keeping ourselves alive with our little tenacity and willpower left.

"Feronia, bring my daughter with you and wait for me at the borderline between the Bīsutokin Kingdom and Akhazar Kingdom. If you don't see me in a few hours, then assume I have either died or been captured. If so, leave the Kingdom without me and give her the letter that I told you to give to her if I either died or was captured". I said with a weak voice through telepathy.

"I will sis, but you better survive". Feronia said through telepathy with a confident expression.

"I know, but I can't expel this black aura with my current strength, all I can do is compress and seal it". I weakly said back through telepathy with a pained expression.

Feronia then bolted towards the Harimogura Palace, which is where my daughter was currently, to fulfill the last promise and order from i gave her.

While Kiyomi was fading out from being between consciousness and unconscious, a woman appeared on the battlefield near Kiyomi and Astrisa with disappointment on her face.

The woman had a slender figure with a medium sized bosom, she wore a black and dark gray-colored dress, She had silver hair that flowed down below her butt, a beautiful face, pointed ears, a slender neck, and Scarlet eyes which had a cold glare.

"Astrisa, you are too reckless, but your still more useful than your recklessness. The queen has ordered me to stop you from killing Kiyomi, since we need her alive". Aurelia said loud enough for us to hear easily and broke us out of our unconscious and conscious state.

The woman went over to Astrisa and instantly dispelled the light-fire on her. After dispelling the light-fire, she came over to me, and saw that I was shaking.

"Even if your awake, it doesn't matter, since you won't be able to escape even if you're at your peak condition". Aurelia said with smear while lifting me up until I was in her embrace before digging her fangs into my neck.

Instead of her fangs digging into Kiyomi's neck, they just went right through her, like she was intangible, just like how a ghost would be immune to physical attacks, but soon her figure vanished.

"Tsk, Illusion Magic, that bitch actually fooled me with such a mediocre trick, but it still isn't enough". Aurelia said while gnashing her teeth.

She looked around and noticed the others from the Primordial Families who were supposed to be unconscious nearby also vanished.

(Kasumi's POV)

It's been early 12 hours, since my mother left on her mission and she hasn't come back yet, but I still waited patiently, since some of her missions have taken longer than that which I have become accustomed to by now.

...

Half an hour later, it was now roughly midnight with the moon shining over the world not letting anything escape from its sight.

*Bang!!

The door was then kicked open with a lot of force, breaking it into pieces and sending shards flying across the room, which didn't hit me since I dodged them in time.

"Who are you?" I asked while keeping my guard up.

A tall woman who had a slender figure with a medium-sized bosom, she wore a white and gold body-con dress, as for her lower half it was a white and red scaled serpentine body. She had white hair that disappeared behind her shoulders, a beautiful face, pointed ears, a slender neck, red eyes that gave off a seductive look.

"I now go by Lysethia, but I used to go by Lucious and I'm here to kill you". Lysethia said with a seductive grin.